A few software problems

Mathew Bakken

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,
I recently got the LG G2 on Tuesday.

I love the phone, It's fast, large, and looks great. (Coming from the Samsung stratosphere at least.) But I cannot get some things to work.

My first issue was noticed right away. Snapchat has a problem implementing my camera. I try to "Snap" something and the app reads the cameras as just a black image. I can recieve snaps from my friends but cannot take any. The camera app on the phone works fine. I looked at all the settings to no avail.

My second problem is with the Helium Backup app. I cannot get it to activate using the desktop application. I've tried to activate on my Windows laptop, my schools Windows and Mac desktops, and nothing happens. I'm in developer mode, I installed the drivers on the phone and I've tried all the USB ports on all the machines.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I've going to a Verizon store in a few days because the charger that came with has a high pitched squeaking noise to it.

Do you guys think I should just trade it in?

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm no help with Snapshot, but I had a similar problem with Helium. I did a Google search and found the solution at XDA. When connecting the LG by USB, choose Internet and then Ethernet. Then your notification bar should shown that you are in USB debugging and Helium will work.

Posted via Android Central App

Mathew Bakken

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks bespinct!

That solved the problem with Helium not working.
I've read that there are others complaining of the same issue with Snapchat on other G2's and that they are working on it.