I'm currently in the last 6 months of a 2-year contract using my Droid Razr Maxx. The Razr is becoming increasingly laggy (to the point where it just vibrates or rings with no call screen showing up until after the call goes to voicemail). I've done a few hard resets over the past month and have seen small improvements, but then right back to extreme lag. Anywho ... I have ordered an LG G2 through Verizon (over the phone to get the best deal) and am going to enter the EDGE plan. I am having doubts about it though after a lot of research. Should I just take this phone to the nearest store when it comes Wednesday and purchase it outright rather than changing my plan? (Also ... am on unlimited data currently and would be grandfathered into 6GB for $30). Thanks guys! On a side note, extremely pumped about getting the G2!
    10-22-2013 07:44 AM
    I was offered the same deal from them. I thought about it for a day or 2, and I bought my G2 out right so that I could retain my Unlimited Data. You said you still have 6 months left on your current contract? You can still buy the G2 out right, retain your Unlimited Data, and not violate your contract, plus buying the phone you get free activation too.
    Powerplaygraphix likes this.
    10-22-2013 08:26 AM
    I'm pretty sure that that is what I'm going to do. I got the email from the rep that I talked to on the phone and emailed him earlier to talk about it. I imagine I'll have to send that phone back via mail and just go to a store to buy one. Anyone got a coupon?
    10-22-2013 10:29 AM
    I know Best Buy has a sale on them this week, but not sure if the sale is for only a new 2 yr contract. You could call them and ask. As for sending the phone you ordered back, you should be able to just take it to your Local Verizon Store. I would not open the box, I would leave it all sealed up. Doing that may get you out of paying a restocking fee with it sealed and un opened.
    10-22-2013 11:29 AM
    Best Buy has it on sale for $100 with a 2 year contract. It costs $549 to buy outright from Verizon. You start a separate contract for the G2, get it for $100, then cancel it paying the $350 etf. You would have the new G2 for a total of $450, which would be $100 cheaper than buying it form Verizon. Now you can then transfer your new G2 to your unlimited Line.
    10-22-2013 12:42 PM
    If. Your on unlimited do device payment plan. It's a extra $55 on your b bill Better then losing unlimited. That what I did.

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk
    10-22-2013 01:04 PM
    I ended up sending the upgrade EDGE plan phone back to Verizon (refused the shipment yesterday). I went up to my local store last night and picked up the G2. Holy crap this thing is fast! With the MAXX, I was left waiting and waiting ... now I can't think fast enough! It's only been about 24 hours, but I'm extremely impressed with the G2 already. Huge fan of the built in IR and "Quick Remote" app. Absolutely love being able to control everything in my living room (along with my Roku) with my phone.
    10-24-2013 07:26 PM