Verizon LG G2 - texting dictionary

jv1615

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
When I add a word to my dictionary it still doesn't recognize the word when I type it. For example, I have added the word "ur" to my dictionary but when I type it in a text, it still auto corrects the word to "it". Is there a setting to avoid this? Thanks

HarvesterX?

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, I iuet switched back to the stock LG keyboard to test this out. 'Ur' shows up just fine and isn't being replaced by 'it' or anything else. That's while using gestures to type. If I type by tapping, it doesn't auto-correct at all. The LG keyboard is built on top of SwiftKey technology but unfortunately doesn't behave exactly like SwiftKey (which is why I use SwiftKey).

Wish I could have been more helpful, but that's as much as I can do unless I know exactly which keyboard is exhihiting this behavior.

YoungChrisG

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I have the exact same problem. It's quite aggravating. I haven't been able to find a fix for it other than to switch to a third party board. I also have an issue with my G2 repeatedly asking me to "choose input method" which I've since quit trying to do, so there is a keyboard notification forever in my status bar.

Posted via Android Central App