Battery drain at work...not at home

greenmonster14

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi there. I am experiencing a strange phenomenon in regards to battery drain with my G2 at work versus at my home. I work at a school where there are multiple routers scattered around the campus. I personally have a router in close proximity to my phone. I turn wifi, gps, and bluetooth off when I get to work. By the end of the school day, my battery, which starts at full power, is down to less than 20%. This is with hardly any usage at all. All I want to do during the work day is have the ability to make phone calls. I am not sure if my phone is constantly searching for a signal and that drains the battery or what. I can turn off every other potential battery draining feature on the phone to save power. The odd part is that when I am at home, with my route on, and having wifi on all day, the phone lives up to expectations. I get wonderful life on the battery. I want to know what the variable is here. My only rapid drain is when I'm at work. Please advise as to which settings I can change when I am at work to alleviate the horrible battery drain.

Thanks!

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
you probably have a very weak cellular signal at work and thus your phone is very working hard to maintain that signal. and in general cellular radios use more battery than do wifi radios - so if wifi is available you will get more battery life on wifi. not much you can do other than consider a different carrier or somehow use wifi.

also -

i suffer no hardships doing this -

Battery Tips for Android

1. Toggle off LTE, WIFI, GPS, BT, NFC, Hotspot. Toggle on as needed.
2. Display Brightness - Turn off Auto Brightness and Reduce Setting Bar to Minimum.
3. Sign out of any unused Google Services - GTalk, G+, Google Now, Messenger, etc. Disable Location Reporting/History.
4. Beware of constantly syncing Apps and Bloatware like Facebook, Twitter, News, Google CURRENTS, Non-Push Email, etc. Set Sync interval for every 1 hour or more.
5. Turn off keyboard haptic feedback.
6. Don't use Live Wallpaper. Use dark wallpaper if possible.
7. Set Display Sleep Setting to 2 Minutes or Less.
8. Set WIFI to Always stay on during Sleep if you regularly use WIFI.
9. Turn off vibrate for Emails.
10. Be careful of using too many live widgets.
11. Sync Exchange Emails 30 Days or less.
12. Do NOT use a Task Killer App.

"I SUFFER NO HARDSHIPS DOING THIS"

this means that i personally am giving up NOTHING with these tips. i'm not giving up any features. there are no tradeoffs for me. a tradeoff or a hardship would be to turn off PUSH email or use AIRPLANE mode during the day etc.

you find your own balance and the tips list is a start but you must come to your own conclusion as to what's important. it's personal preference but these are not a big deal to me at all as they do not affect the function or operation of my phone. these tips do not deteriorate my experience.

lakaw

May 5, 2011
Visit site
You can always try the Qualcomm Snapdragon Battery Guru from the Play Store. I just finished my 4 day discovery phase, so I do not yet know how good the app is at maximizing my battery.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante