Vanilla Android on the G2?

STC09

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I'm currently using a GNex with stock Android and have little interest in any proprietary UI for my next phone. Is it possible to easily root and install a vanilla ROM on the G2 yet? I don't see a Hacks subforum here...

jimmyt

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
AOKP has an unofficial 4.3 port and cyoanogen has 10.2 nighlies. My second go around with the g2 begins later this week so I plan OK going the AOKP route to start

Posted via Android Central App

Dacodo

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Coming from my only experience with android being a Nexus 7... I'm a big fan of stock android.... I love the G2 hardware but was never really happy with the LG version even with nova launcher.

I took the plunge this weekend with cyanogenmod's M1 build. it took be a couple trys to get it installed all correctly but now that I have the right version of gapps installed I LOVE this thing!!!! cyanogenmod is really quite nice.... close to stock but with a few minimal tweaks that are quite nice.

jimmyt

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Any problems with battery drain or lag? With the GNex sometimes it would bog down or crush the battery because it was not optimized.

Posted via Android Central App

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Don't be scared of LG's UI. I came from the Gnex that I got on release day and was worried about going with something that wasn't stock Android. But the LG UI was so easy to use that I had no problem trying to figure it out what so ever (unlike playing with a Samsung S4 in a store). And in fact love some of the little things that come with it that doesn't come with stock. Plus no lag on this UI.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781