LG g2 my road to mobile perfection

mgindi26

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
well I've had my g2 for about a month now and living with this phone I can confidently say it's as close to perfect as there is on Thu market right now. My smartphone history is as follows Palm treo 1 and 2>BlackBerry pearl >BlackBerry tour>Samsung fascinate>razr maxx>galaxy s3> g2. I'm a little obsessive about my technology purchases and it takes me a bit of time to pull the trigger as I research phone tests, comparisons, and go to the store a dozen times to test them and see how they feel and appeal to me. It's a problem because I have a hard time focussing on work when I'm in the hunt. One other thing is generally after I buy the phone I second guess the decision all through the 14 day return period.
Anyway while shopping this round I was looking at the g2, s4, droid maxx and ultra, moto x.
The first eliminated was the moto x my brother has it and loves it but for me the screen is too small I knew I wouldn't enjoy media on it.
The next to go was the droid ultra non expandable and only 16gb memory was the disqualifier. Maybe I wouldn't need more than that buy with non expandable I couldn't take Thu chance.
The s4 was next to go. It was hard to disqualify the s4 for a couple of reasons. First I really like Samsung products I remember when they were a non recognized brand and have a lot of admiration for how they are at or near the top of the consumer electronics market you only get there by giving the consumer more than they expect. Also let's face it The s4 is the android iPhone when it comes accessories. Factories invest in being compatible with it because they sell 10's of millions. Plus it's always rated well. There were a few reasons. First it wasn't enough of a change from my s3, second at this point in its life cycle the s5 would make me have buyers remorse too soon. And 3rd I have this thing about not going with the masses.

So it was down to the g2 and the maxx. The maxx had a lot going for it especially it touchless controls and notifications.
But in the end it's about the interaction with the phone. And the g2 is so much better on so many fronts. First of all the screen is much more enjoyable to look at. Plus they managed to fit it in a small form factor. The stock keyboard is a pleasure to use. I can configure my softkeys any way I like so I was able to keep the Samsung layout that I was used to. Being able to put the keyboard in single hand mode. Knock on is great especially since I read the post about tapping above the LG on the bottom. And more.
In the end I was second guessing myself primarily because battery stamina is very important to me I want my phone to last all day and in the beginning it wasn't. But now I'm going the whole day from 5am to midnight and ending up with plenty of juice. Plus I think lg really got it right with this phone and I have a feeling that we are going to see a big surge in their market presence.

In the end the truth is I would have done well with any of my original 5 phones their all very good......
It just happens to be the g2 is the best.

Oh and for you note 3 fans it was never a consideration it's just too big.

Let's hear your g2 experience.

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app

Gleadogg

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Wish I could say the same. Actually, if it weren't for one thing, I could say the same.

I also just came from the S3, and the camera on the S3, for me, was excellent. I'm having a very bad time with the
camera on the G2. No matter what mode I try, most pictures come out pretty crappy. If there is any...ANY low light situation,
the pics are grainy and the people's faces look plastic. And God forbid someone moves at all, because then it is completely blurry.
The video camera constantly adjusts it's focus. And when in video mode, if I zoom in, it will not focus.

It's gotten to the point that if we're at an important event, I'll take the pictures with my wife's S3.

Damn.

jaime1822

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I was in pretty much the same boat you were in. It was down to the Maxx and G2. I went from palm pre -> Samsung moment -> droid x -> droid RAZR -> RAZR HD -> G2. I wanted to stay with Motorola, but with the features they took out of the camera on all of the new devices, there was no way I could stick with them. I got my G2 on Halloween and it's amazing.

Posted via Android Central App on my Big Red LG G2

mgindi26

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Wish I could say the same. Actually, if it weren't for one thing, I could say the same.

I also just came from the S3, and the camera on the S3, for me, was excellent. I'm having a very bad time with the
camera on the G2. No matter what mode I try, most pictures come out pretty crappy. If there is any...ANY low light situation,
the pics are grainy and the people's faces look plastic. And God forbid someone moves at all, because then it is completely blurry.
The video camera constantly adjusts it's focus. And when in video mode, if I zoom in, it will not focus.

It's gotten to the point that if we're at an important event, I'll take the pictures with my wife's S3.

Damn.

Have you checked out the various camera posts? I haven't taken a lot of pictures but the few that i did take were good. Maybe test yours against one in a store it's possible that you have a bad camera module or something. Especially since every test i've seen of the camera rates it top notch.
Good luck

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using AC Forums mobile app

C_McGuire

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Damn.

Uh oh, that's definitely not right. My G2's camera is incredible, especially in low light. I was amazed. You need to get your phone exchanged.

Posted via Android Central App

lutin

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Especially since every test i've seen of the camera rates it top notch.
Sent from my BN NookHD+ using AC Forums mobile app

Every test I've seen doesn't test the camera with moving objects (e.g. people), and I think this is where Gleadogg is having problems. Without moving objects (and in low light) the photo looks perfectly fine because the shutter is able to open for a long time, aided by the optical stabilisation. The downside of this is that the longer the shutter is open for, the more likely you are to get blurry moving subjects (e.g. people).

mstraw9379

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Droid Incredible > Rezound > LG G2.
I did a lot of research and comparison with this phone (as with all of them). My friend had the MAXX so I was able to check it out in real world situations (i.e. outside light conditions) before going to look at it and the G2. The One was in the running as well, but after handling them all, I loved the way the G2 felt. I still do. the lines of the phone and the way they shaped it make it very comfortable to hold.
The only thing I can say bad about it is its size. For me, its a bit too big. I can't comfortably reach the upper corner of the screen with my thumb and often have to shift my hold on the phone to reach. That is a dropped phone waiting to happen.