Otterbox defender

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Anyone have the defender? How do you like it. What don't you like. I'm finding it difficult to find reviews for the Verizon version.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
While I've not see this specific version I've had a lot of experience with various defenders, from iphones, and android phones to iPads and android tablets. They've pretty much been pretty consistent, IME. Some are more sealed than others which may keep out more dust but they all have offered pretty durned good shock protection. In fact, its the shock protection I'd want when that's a priority. They're all bulky. Never seen a Defender that wasn't. That said, I can't imagine that the version for Verizon would be that different than the aforementioned. Hopefully, someone that actually has one can point out anything that's unique.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I tried the defender out. The space between the screen protector and the screen is too much. When I type I keep missing letters cuz I have to press to hard.

xr6

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Ok just got the defender slapped her on.

Impressions of a first time defender user.

1.Case seems well protected
2. Obviously a little bulky but not to bad
3 look better then I had expected but no where near as good naked or with a more slimmer case.
4 Outter rubber seems pretty tuff and durable

Ok now my cons

5. Inner plastic shell seems kinda thin and brittle so it doesnt feel like it would take to much of a beating although rubber outer skin hopefully will adsorb the shock enough.
6. built in screen protector seems nice and clear( so far) but there is some finger drag. As a comparison, twice as much drag as my Verizon screen protector( A bit more then I wish it had)
7 makes one handed operation a little more difficult so if you were really stretching when it was naked expect to develop biceps on your thumbs.
8. dust covers are fine on the ports but since the hearing piece, microphone top and bottom have to be uncovered and the ir blaster as well , not to much of a gain there.
9. oh yes finally its a little slippery and since phone is bigger it makes handling more difficult although sliding in and out of jeans might be a fair trade of.
10. 50 bucks I think way over priced( i guess that's subjective)
Hope it helps anyone on fence , I know they aint cheap.
Anyone have the defender? How do you like it. What don't you like. I'm finding it difficult to find reviews for the Verizon version.

kicks

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I tried one on my G2 and my wife is now using it. We both don't like it at all and it is going back to verizon shortly. Knock On works inconsistently in the case and sometimes using swype can be a frustrating experience through the case. I'm waiting for my trident aegis to show up to give that a shot.

xr6

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
So strange. don't get me wrong I would rather have a slimmer case for looks but the nature of my work dictates that i need one that can take a bullet. My screen is responsive with the added drag of the plastic film on top. I have read that some otterboxes screen protectors have wider gaps with screen and film, but with regard to responsiveness I have no complaints.

I tried one on my G2 and my wife is now using it. We both don't like it at all and it is going back to verizon shortly. Knock On works inconsistently in the case and sometimes using swype can be a frustrating experience through the case. I'm waiting for my trident aegis to show up to give that a shot.

kicks

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
So strange. don't get me wrong I would rather have a slimmer case for looks but the nature of my work dictates that i need one that can take a bullet. My screen is responsive with the added drag of the plastic film on top. I have read that some otterboxes screen protectors have wider gaps with screen and film, but with regard to responsiveness I have no complaints.

The trident case is rated to military specs, but doesn't offer built in screen protection. It does come with a screen protector. Perhaps we got a dud otterbox, but it just wasn't a pleasant experience. I'll try and post some feedback about the trident once it arrives.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

Very interesting. Outside of the common bulk my experience with Defenders has been consistently good.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly Ryan