I LOVE how fast this phone charges

anon(43138)

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Let me just say ... I LOVE how fast this phone charges. It might be one of the best features. I'm not sure if other phones (Nexus 5, HTC One, Droid line) have the same charging port, but DAMN this thing charges fast. I remember my old Droid Razr Maxx would take AGES to get back to 100%. My daily routine puts me in the car about 10-30 minutes a day and usually not far from a charger ... but I never get below 50% during the day and am back at 100% at least once to twice a day. RIDICULOUS! I love this phone!

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
It's a feature of Snapdragon 600/800 processors if the device has implemented "QuickCharge" or something like that.
Instead of pulling 900-1000mA they pull up to 1900mA with the right charger.
My Galaxy S4 does the same thing.

mrstarzan

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I don't even bother plugging it into the car charger. I'm usually down to 50 or 40% at the most when I head home and that's plenty to stream music and play with the rest of the night. I never dreamed I'd free myself of toting extra batteries around!

I forgot to put it on the charger one night but had it up to 97% from 30% by the time I walked out the door. Maybe 1.5 hrs tops charging time. My DH tried to tease me about forgetting to charge it but he shut up when I showed him how far it had charged. LOVE THIS PHONE!

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
My Note 3 doesn't charge super fast but I contribute that to the massive battery. Still charges faster than most phones with normal batteries.

Sent from my gameboy color

Jeffk23

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm a very heavy user. Battery life is great and phone charges fast. Coming from the HTC rezound, this is a welcomed pleasure. The g2, for its time, is a very good phone. No troubles here...

Posted via Android Central App

mrdoon

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Are there other after-market chargers that will work like the one that came with the G2? Regardless of the stated watts/amps of the ones I've tried, I always get the slow charging warning. In the car, it's barely enough to keep up with the drain from using Google Maps/Navigation.

trivor

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
It needs to be specially created with the circuitry for Quick Charge 2.0 and so far the LG charger in the box is the only one that works. I can't find anyone that even sells another of the LG Factory chargers and no other charger (no matter the Amp output rating) will do the quick charge like the LG OEM charger.

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
It needs to be specially created with the circuitry for Quick Charge 2.0 and so far the LG charger in the box is the only one that works. I can't find anyone that even sells another of the LG Factory chargers and no other charger (no matter the Amp output rating) will do the quick charge like the LG OEM charger.

These two will do the rapid charge on the G2:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3258657

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3258657

Posted via Android Central App

mrdoon

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan