Screen Protector and seeing if VZW will redo it

sarapoep

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I bought a $30 screen protector, and it's suppose to have a lifetime warranty, well, this morning I see two little spots on the phone where it almost looks like a little bug or something ( I'm sure it's probably dust ) is under the screen protector. Otherwise it looks good, but i can't stop looking at these two little spots. Is this something you'd just say "ah, whatever" about or would you go back and ask them to put a new one on?

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I bought a $30 screen protector, and it's suppose to have a lifetime warranty, well, this morning I see two little spots on the phone where it almost looks like a little bug or something ( I'm sure it's probably dust ) is under the screen protector. Otherwise it looks good, but i can't stop looking at these two little spots. Is this something you'd just say "ah, whatever" about or would you go back and ask them to put a new one on?

They put it on? What's the brand name? Did they apply liquid? Was there a charge for putting it on? Do you still have the package? Did you call the store you had it done and ask if they'd do it again? Do you think its something you could do?

sarapoep

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Yes, they put it on, yes, they sprayed something on it. (Liquid) I haven't called, I feel like a pest, and being picky maybe, but it's bugging me, it's all I see when I'm surfing from my phone are these two spots on my phone that look like dust under the protector. No idea if I could fix myself, would it go back to normal if I lifted it up??

Posted via Android Central App

sarapoep

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Here is a photo of it with the arrows pointing the the blemishes. Again, prob a small thing, and I feel like I'm nitpicking, but it's seriously all I see when I'm using the phone. Am I over reacting?

HeimSLb.jpg

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Yuck. I had that problem with every protector put on my DInc. It is why my screens have remained naked since then.

Posted via Android Central App

heading4tomorrow

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I agree, especially since they put it on for you, get them to redo it with a new protector, they didn't clean it enough before putting it on.

Which case is that?

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I'd go in and see if they'd replace it for sure. You might be out of luck and they'll tell you to contact the Gadget Guard people to send you a new one to take advantage of the warranty. You'd then be required to send the old one back. I'd also try and do it myself this time. With the wet ones you can take it off and clean it then reapply it.

I had a Zag and returned it a couple times due to a cut, me messing up installation etc. Maybe checkout gadget guard website and see what's required for exchange. Maybe the want you to register? Thinmk Zag did.

sarapoep

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm glad I'm not just over reacting. They are small, but they are clearly there. The case I got off amazon. It's the Tudia Ultra Slim. Was under $10 A bargain if you ask me. They wanted to sell me a $30 case. Granted, I did buy a $30 screen protector, but I figured, hey, they install it and claim it to be a lifetime warranty. Hopefully going in and asking them to redo it goes smoothly. I hate conflict and try to avoid it at all costs....but this is a great phone, and want it to continue to look great.

heading4tomorrow

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm glad I'm not just over reacting. They are small, but they are clearly there. The case I got off amazon. It's the Tudia Ultra Slim. Was under $10 A bargain if you ask me. They wanted to sell me a $30 case. Granted, I did buy a $30 screen protector, but I figured, hey, they install it and claim it to be a lifetime warranty. Hopefully going in and asking them to redo it goes smoothly. I hate conflict and try to avoid it at all costs....but this is a great phone, and want it to continue to look great.

Considering protector costs them pennies if not a dollar, if they make any noise, just take it off and ask them to refund your $30. I can't believe you spent $30 on this screen protector. :(

sarapoep

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Well, it's suppose to be the best guard around. *shrugs* from their website....Custom Designed/Manufactured for the LG G2 in the USA. Made from film used to protect U.S. Military equipment. Smooth surface with UV protection to prevent film yellowing. Kit Includes: Film, Installation Squeegee, Microfiber Cloth, Detailed Installation Instructions. The LG G2 Screen Protector comes with a Manufacturer Lifetime Replacement Guarantee.

I'm just ticked that these little dust particles are under the guard. I have no idea if they can simply remove the guard and wipe them away, and reattach it, or if the whole thing needs to be replaced. I just wish it would of been good the first time. I"ve been back to verizon like 5 times for various issues from picking up the phone, taking equipment back that they sold my parents, question on the billing, picking up these guards, and now again to see about redoing the guard. I feel like they are gonna run for backroom if they see me coming in again.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Well, it's suppose to be the best guard around. *shrugs* from their website....Custom Designed/Manufactured for the LG G2 in the USA. Made from film used to protect U.S. Military equipment. Smooth surface with UV protection to prevent film yellowing. Kit Includes: Film, Installation Squeegee, Microfiber Cloth, Detailed Installation Instructions. The LG G2 Screen Protector comes with a Manufacturer Lifetime Replacement Guarantee.

I'm just ticked that these little dust particles are under the guard. I have no idea if they can simply remove the guard and wipe them away, and reattach it, or if the whole thing needs to be replaced. I just wish it would of been good the first time. I"ve been back to verizon like 5 times for various issues from picking up the phone, taking equipment back that they sold my parents, question on the billing, picking up these guards, and now again to see about redoing the guard. I feel like they are gonna run for backroom if they see me coming in again.

As far as I'm concerned they need to just REPLACE the guard, not try to clean any dust or debris from under the existing one. It's not like its going to affect their bottom line.

OptimuS G Pro

JJones1210

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I had a Zagg put on my phone at one of thier kiosks and the same thing happened. I went back and had them replace it. They normally charge $5 to change it out, but waived the fee because the mistake was in their installation.
As stated above, have them replace it. If they just take it off and reinstall it, you'll just have more issues. I also dont think you are being overly picky about it. That one in the middle of the screen would especially drive me insane.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital