MMS file size

Kwyjibo11

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi

having issue with sending pictures to a friend with AT& iphone and receiving videos from him via MMS.
not sure if it's an AT&T issue or LG G2.

my friend can't receive my pictures sent via text. LG G2 compresses pictures before they are sent via Text but my friend says he cant see the picture.

also the videos sent from my friend are very compressed. when I play the video, it only takes up a very small space in the center of the screen. if I do full screen, then it is very pixelated.

is this an AT&T , verizon or Iphone issue?

thanks
K

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
It might be an iMessage issue. I remember issues being mentioned during some podcast.

Posted via Android Central App

Rizaan

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Iphone has very little compression of there mms and videos. I have an unlocked iPhone 4s and iPhone 5s. The 4s has a has a MMS Max Message Size of 2147483647 bytes and the only way that I have been able to send mms to Samsung's is to reduce the number by removing the first four numbers (2147) leaving 47483647 bytes. Picture quality stays the same but video is compressed. So it's seem to me that it is the carrier blocking the phones ability to send large files *** a way to control use with there data plans. Just my opinion. The 5s will not send mms until it's unlocked hope this helps