Vzw G2 update near.

HD_Renegade

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Word to the Wise, if you are rooted, the update does not break root. If you get an error, and you have added the Hotspot fix, you need to put the old files back in for the Hotspot provisioning for the OTA to work. I put the old files back my error was gone and the phone took the update. I did not loose Root, rebooted then put the hotspot files back tested everything and all is good.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
That's cool.
Word to the Wise, if you are rooted, the update does not break root. If you get an error, and you have added the Hotspot fix, you need to put the old files back in for the Hotspot provisioning for the OTA to work. I put the old files back my error was gone and the phone took the update. I did not loose Root, rebooted then put the hotspot files back tested everything and all is good.

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk

GolfOx

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
My GPS appears to be even worse than before. Will not obtain a lock even though it sees over 20 satellites. Did a FDR with no improvement. Finally got GPS lock and it is operating ok now.

Last edited:

mikebear

May 26, 2010
Visit site

I'm still getting the error - did you need to change permissions to either the apk or odex after restoring them?

Thanx in advance

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Got it last night and installed this AM.

I am hopeful that the erratic touchscreen defect has been addressed. Given the random behavior of this defect, it'll take weeks before the community can conclusively say it's been fixed.

Would be great! Stay tuned on my XDA thread.

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Got it last night and installed this AM.

I am hopeful that the erratic touchscreen defect has been addressed. Given the random behavior of this defect, it'll take weeks before the community can conclusively say it's been fixed.

Would be great! Stay tuned on my XDA thread.

My initial results look promising. Knock on seems to be much more accurate in working. Screen touches are more responsive and not erratic at all.
Granted, it's only been on my device for 12 hours now, but so far so good.

Posted via Android Central App

coolkatz321

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I had Philz touch recovery installed. I tried to download and apply the update, but it keeps rebooting into recovery and I can't get it to boot. Any help/idea what's going on?!

Kdroid

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
My initial results look promising. Knock on seems to be much more accurate in working. Screen touches are more responsive and not erratic at all.
Granted, it's only been on my device for 12 hours now, but so far so good.

Posted via Android Central App

I agree the knock on feature is working better than before the update :cool:

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm still getting the error - did you need to change permissions to either the apk or odex after restoring them?

Thanx in advance

i am still getting this error...Err: 0x1111004

I put back the original hotspot.apk and bootanimation.zip.

Any ideas??

Last edited: