how are LG G2 radios reception?

denarok

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I am coming from a samsung gnexus, always had horrible reception no matter what.

My samsung fascinate the same, thinking it a samsung issue. I was thinking of going S4 or note3, but did not hear of G2 until about an hour ago, and everything sounds great except maybe the camera is shaky in videos and low light.

How do you find the reception is if you previously had samsung phones?

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I came from a GNex and the G2 is 100 times better!!! I think it has some of the best radios out there along with Motorola. Trust me you will be so happy with it!

denarok

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I came from a GNex and the G2 is 100 times better!!! I think it has some of the best radios out there along with Motorola. Trust me you will be so happy with it!

Thanks great to hear!

Still trying to decide between note3 and G2 very tough, but probably go with G2, I have not had an LG phone since I think before smartphones, think it was vx 7000...LOL

Would you say screens are very equivalent for HD? between note3 and G2?

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Thanks great to hear!

Still trying to decide between note3 and G2 very tough, but probably go with G2, I have not had an LG phone since I think before smartphones, think it was vx 7000...LOL

Would you say screens are very equivalent for HD? between note3 and G2?

My friend has a Note 3 but to be honest I haven't messed with it that much. I can tell you I took some pictures with both at the same time and the G2's came out better. As far as the screen on the G2, I find myself almost wanting to use it to watch videos instead of my 60 inch HDTV LOL. The screen is great.

denarok

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
My friend has a Note 3 but to be honest I haven't messed with it that much. I can tell you I took some pictures with both at the same time and the G2's came out better. As far as the screen on the G2, I find myself almost wanting to use it to watch videos instead of my 60 inch HDTV LOL. The screen is great.

Thanks I will end up with it more then likely I mean for the price alone can't beat it.

How bad is the camera with autofocus in videos? and low light photos i heard are bad, is it something that will be fixed or just something to live with?

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
The auto focus is bad on the video, but you can live with it. I have gotten great pictures in low light.
Inside a Hot topic store, no flash. You can look at the background to see how dark the store is.
gasuheby.jpg

In a dark garage, only light is coming through the top of the garage doors.
7urypyve.jpg

In my Grammy's house, no lights on in the house just light from a small kitchen window about 30 get away.
u5anadyb.jpg

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

denarok

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Yeah those are prettty good with no flash.

Any idea if there is a mod to fix autofocus or LG plans on fixing? Or pretty much don't plan on taking videos with this phone?

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Yeah those are prettty good with no flash.

Any idea if there is a mod to fix autofocus or LG plans on fixing? Or pretty much don't plan on taking videos with this phone?

I have talked videos, it's not terrible. I have no idea of LG is working on a fix but I would guess they are.

Aredubu

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I was really sweating the radio reception with the G2. I had a GS3 and hated the reception, which was poor where I frequent. The Motorolas I've had were always very good. The G2 rivals the Motorolas where I have traveled to date. I bought a Droid Maxx last month and had both for about a week. The G2 had better reception than the Droid! Guess which one won out? I am very pleased!

qisdtech

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
One thing I've noticed since getting the new "12B" OTA, the signal bar reads on average 1 bar less of signal. The signal strength in -dBm remains the same as before, just seems like the set the phone to display one less bar at the same signal strength than before the OTA. Also it is supposed to enable Band 4 AWS which Verizon has deployed in the major cities.

xr6

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
my wife has the razr m. As you know motorola are known for there radios. From time to time I compare my phone to hers when in areas where the bars aint maxed out. Its comparable to her razr M

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
I am coming from a samsung gnexus, always had horrible reception no matter what.

My samsung fascinate the same, thinking it a samsung issue. I was thinking of going S4 or note3, but did not hear of G2 until about an hour ago, and everything sounds great except maybe the camera is shaky in videos and low light.

How do you find the reception is if you previously had samsung phones?

Much better reception than Samsung. I came from an S3 and there is a night day difference between the radios. LG hands down is better and overall above average compared to other devices on the market...

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I don't know about call reception, but I'm very happy with the 4G antenna. I get 20-25Mbps download and 15Mbps upload, which seems to be about 25% better than what I was getting with my Gnex.

Posted via Android Central App

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
How are you getting such good pictures? What settings are you using/changing? I haven't been happy with any of my pictures and I know I can pull more out of the camera. I just don't know how. The pictures i get during the day look over-sharpened.

denarok

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
ok so today was the real first day of me using the phone while travelling to work I am super impressed. I take a 1 hour 15 min train ride each way, and on my gnexus I would barely get 4G, let alone 3G, I use to lose connection 30-40% of the time, and by the time I would get to work, I would lose 50% of my battery, it was horrendous.

Last night I charged my phone to 100% @ 10 PM, went to bed, woke up still showed 100%? How is that possible? But not complaining. I made sure to use my phone entire time on the train, doing what I always do, facebook, taptalk, and web browsing.

When I got to work I only lost 15%, which IMO is superb compared to gnexus! If it wasn't for using battery monitor and having the percentage show up in notifications it would like a sliver on the battery icon.

The most impressive thing was I got 4G 80% of the time, which is 100x better then gnexus. It did switch to 3G a few times, but then switched back fairly quick, and did go thorough 1-2 deadspots, for a few minutes which is normal. The other thing that was impressive even though sometimes only showed one bar, I was still able to browse the web. With my gnexus it would show 1-2 bars but could never load up a page, and felt like the device was just hanging waiting..

All in all compared to gnexus, this phone radio and battery is leaps and bounds better and so glad I made the switch. Should last me entire day since at work I don't use as much compared to my commute, and I checked I have 4 bars of 4G in the city now in my building, while gnexus would be lucky to have 2, I am on wifi at work so not a big deal either way.

cdd543

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm seeing a lot of switching to 3g in situations where my wife's iphone 5s holds one or two bars of LTE. This was using my sim from my 5s with an adapter, but today I've activated the sim the device came with and I'll check those same areas to see if there is any difference.

denarok

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm seeing a lot of switching to 3g in situations where my wife's iphone 5s holds one or two bars of LTE. This was using my sim from my 5s with an adapter, but today I've activated the sim the device came with and I'll check those same areas to see if there is any difference.

I used the sim card that came with device if that helps.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
How are you getting such good pictures? What settings are you using/changing? I haven't been happy with any of my pictures and I know I can pull more out of the camera. I just don't know how. The pictures i get during the day look over-sharpened.

In low light I either use the intelligent mode or night mode. Can't remember for sure in these photos.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21