Verizon LG G2 - Exchange email issues after update

Jrid32

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
After last week's VZW I have been having issues with my Microsoft Exchange email pushing to my phone. I have deleted the account and reloaded it. Anyone else run into this?

jason_L75

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Me too. It seems if my phone sits for like more than 15 minutes, it no longer reliably receives push notifications from my corporate exchange account. Everything else is working fine. Let me know if you find a solution. My corporate support has reviewed the exchange log and all looks right. I traded in first G2 because of the issue. Second G2 has the same issue. Must be the phone. Let me know if you find a resolution.

memillh

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Same problem here. Since the update, unless I open the app, emails aren't being pushed for my Exchange account now. The update seemed to fix my voice quality issues - and crippled my Exchange push. :(

anon6002755

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
And I thought I was the only one with this problem. Haven't figured out a solution for myself. Thinking of flashing back to the previous build for more reliable push email.

eatinghotsauce

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone tried to contact LG or VZW (which is usually worthless) about the issue? I can confirm this issue since the day I got the update. Needless to say, my boss was wondering why I never get my emails in a timely fashion while I'm away from my desk lately

jason_L75

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
I contacted Verizon. They didn't seem to have the issue logged. They ended up giving me a new phone, but it had the same issues. I emailed LG customer support, but so far no response. The most recent update didn't have a lot of benefits. I'm thinking of doing a factory reset and not installing the updates.

jason_L75

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Are you still finding it worked? Want to verify before trying to flash back. Also, flashing back makes me nervous, kind of a novice. Is it super simple? I can follow those instructions, but I won't know what to do if something comes out of the blue. Is the alternative factory reset and then don't update software until this is fixed? Thanks!

anon6002755

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Are you still finding it worked? Want to verify before trying to flash back. Also, flashing back makes me nervous, kind of a novice. Is it super simple? I can follow those instructions, but I won't know what to do if something comes out of the blue. Is the alternative factory reset and then don't update software until this is fixed? Thanks!

I flashed back when I footed so that it doesn't show the device ad being rooted ever. It is fairly simple and the only I had was changing the device port to port 41. Other than that it wad very easy and smooth. I chose this over a factory reset because I needed to get rid of the modifications I had made to the system as well as any evidence of having rooted the device. For my needs root isn't needed.
Also I thought the factory reset only removed your settings and not those of the firmware upgrades.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

anon6002755

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
My solution was to flash back to the earlier build but I have come to have a distaste for the email client and switched to the aosp email. For some reason it also won't load html on my outlook.com account either before the update or after.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Jrid32

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I talked with Verizon again this morning (after talking with LG, who was no help). Verizon said that this is not a known issue and they are sending me a replacement phone. I am not holding my breathe that it is a hardware problem, so I don't think the "new phone" will fix the problem.

The tech support individual I spoke with said this is the first he has heard of this issue, so I advise calling Verizon to report this problem so they can start working a software fix...

anon6002755

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I talked with Verizon again this morning (after talking with LG, who was no help). Verizon said that this is not a known issue and they are sending me a replacement phone. I am not holding my breathe that it is a hardware problem, so I don't think the "new phone" will fix the problem.

The tech support individual I spoke with said this is the first he has heard of this issue, so I advise calling Verizon to report this problem so they can start working a software fix...

will be giving them a call today. i also posted in their website's forum about the issue as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae