Verizon LG G2 - Exchange email issues after update

wwwjr

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Been having the same issue with no push of exchange emails. It is driving me crazy. Especially since I rely on email for work throughout the day. I hope they fix this quick. It took me a while to realize that the problem was after the phone update, because we were making changes to our work server around the same time and it went down for a while, so I have been working through locally trying to troubleshoot the problem. And why was I the only employee of about 100 to have the problem... Then it hit me.

Posted via Android Central App

MichFBGal

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I was having the same problem after the update and had to delete my mail account and then add it again for push to work. This problem only occurred for one of my three Exchange accounts. The only problem now is that none of my Exchange accounts will show the emails in HTML (they did prior to the update). If I go into mail settings, I no longer have HTML as a message format option. Any ideas are appreciated!

Jrid32

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
So I received the replacement phone today. The "Push" Exchange email worked great until.... I installed the update. Then what do you know, "Push" no longer works for my Exchange email. As I stated earlier to Verizon this is not a hardware issue, but a software issue. FAILED!

I talked with Verizon again this morning (after talking with LG, who was no help). Verizon said that this is not a known issue and they are sending me a replacement phone. I am not holding my breathe that it is a hardware problem, so I don't think the "new phone" will fix the problem.

The tech support individual I spoke with said this is the first he has heard of this issue, so I advise calling Verizon to report this problem so they can start working a software fix...

ASHDUMP

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Bumping this thread here....

My company just purchased a brand new LG G2 for me which is on Verizon. I've read nothing but good things about this phone so I was kind of excited. My last phone was a Samsung Galaxy Nexus... anyway.

I have the exact same problem everyone here is having and I suppose there is still no fix. The only work around I've found was that you have to have your exchange email running in the background at ALL times. NEVER delete the "task", always keep it running. This however is not a fix or a great solution as its still buggy that way as well. It truly is NOT push email at this point and I live on email every day so I might need to send this phone back and keep on using my Galaxy Nexus.

Android should buy out BlackBerry just for their email exchange. BB hands down has the best email experience for small or large enterprises.

I'm so pissed right now because my work production has gone down the past two days and its annoying. Even more annoying that push email worked before the update.

Verizon/LG please fix this or you're going to get a lot of returned phones!!!!

jason_L75

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
I received an email from an LG engineer. They apologized, but didn't make it sound like it was a known issue or they had a fix in the works. I sent them to this thread. Hopefully they address it.

Jrid32

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I am getting pissed that Verizon and LG always say this is not a known issue. I am have to believe that I am not the only one that has called Verizon and LG notifying them of this issue.

ASHDUMP

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Keep these threads alive so more people find it.... Unfortunately I'm sure most people getting this phone are casual users and not heavily involved in email. I have one other friend who got the phone not long ago and has no clue this function isn't working... only because she doesn't use email like corporate america does.

Jrid32

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Return doesn't matter. I already received a replacement phone, but as soon as I updated the software the problem returned!!!!

starting to feel like this issue should warrant a return.

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't get the G2 if you rely heavily on Exchange Email push. I love the phone except this issue is killing me!

I'm due for a new phone on 2/6 and was planning on getting the G2 - but if I can't rely on Exchange Push emails, I don't want one.

RadioZero

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
mine seems to Push better over a WiFi network. the phone receives emails at the same rate as my computer. MS Exchange emails.

on the VZW network, it's random and i usually open email to force it to retrieve emails.

anon6002755

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
as much as i love the phone i'm having enough issues between crappy Bluetooth audio quality and email not pushing that i wouldn't want another.They crippled an essential function of a smartphone and should be responsible for it. But we are talking about verizon.

ASHDUMP

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Something else I've observed -
If you receive emails while your phone is off they will appear after you phone has booted up. Like "Push" email is suppose to do. This is while your exchange email app isn't opened in the background. So therefore, the phone knows to look for email when powered up even when the app is not running however that is the only time it ever checks email without the app running.

Test it for yourself. Shut your phone off, send yourself an email from another device, then turn your phone back on... it should prompt you that you have an email.

LG/Verizon - Please fix! 24/7 "Push" email is not working!!!!!

wwwjr

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Just switched to Touchdown for my exchange, and it works well for me. I hate having to use something else, but so far, so good. I hope with the Kit Kat update everything will be made right, but in the mean time I'll be continuing to use Touchdown. There are things I don't like about the TD UI, but those are just aesthetics. Functionally, it works great. And another added bonus is that I no longer have to be subject to locking my entire phone down, just lock down access to exchange, which was a pleasant surprise. Anyway, it's definitely not ideal, but it's what I'll do for now until a fix is in place. Because I enjoy this phone THAT MUCH otherwise.

ASHDUMP

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Just switched to Touchdown for my exchange, and it works well for me. I hate having to use something else, but so far, so good. I hope with the Kit Kat update everything will be made right, but in the mean time I'll be continuing to use Touchdown. There are things I don't like about the TD UI, but those are just aesthetics. Functionally, it works great. And another added bonus is that I no longer have to be subject to locking my entire phone down, just lock down access to exchange, which was a pleasant surprise. Anyway, it's definitely not ideal, but it's what I'll do for now until a fix is in place. Because I enjoy this phone THAT MUCH otherwise.

Is this phone getting the kitkat update? From what I read online they are saying sometime in March. I'm not "in the know" when it comes to this type of stuff but I'm sure the exchange email bug will be fixed with the update.

Jrid32

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I would switch to Touchdown if Verizon would pay for the app! Get a fix!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta