Verizon LG G2 - Exchange email issues after update

jason_L75

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
and with this update Email seems to be functioning properly again. we only had to wait 4 months to get what was originally working well in the phone. albeit that even outlook.com email syncs with html now which it wouldn't previously.

Yes, working well. It really is annoying it took this long to fix. A month ago when I spoke with Verizon, the tech said this was a known bug. They charge you hundreds for the service, but then can't get one of the most critical and valuable features for which we have these phones, updated when it's not working. Now there are other little bugs to deal with, but at least this is working. Hate to say this, never had these problems with the last two Samsung phones. There's a reason they're number one with Android phone sales.

wwwjr

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Hate to say this, never had these problems with the last two Samsung phones. There's a reason they're number one with Android phone sales.

Yeah. Mass production and marketing! They still don't offer the best product.

Posted via Android Central App

TrekkieMonster

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Thank the Lords of Kobol! It worked for me, too.

I'd read that there may be a few other minor issues with Kitkat, but after doing some research here on AC and elsewhere, there don't seem to be any major complaints, and I need my Exchange account to work properly again, so I went ahead and installed the upgrade.

It definitely fixed the Exchange problem.

ONE NOTE, though: if you are/were using Touchdown for Exchange mail after 12B broke it (as I was), make sure to UNINSTALL Touchdown before you try to set up your Exchange mail on the native client again. I did not, and it took several tries before I could get Touchdown to stop intercepting/interfering with the native client. I finally had to completely uninstall the app, but once I that the native client worked like a charm again.

To uninstall Touchdown go to Settings>General>Application Manager>Menu Button>Uninstall Apps and then select Touchdown. Simply moving it to the recycle bin won't do it.

Happy Exchange mailing all!

Last edited:

anon6002755

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Sad thing is gave up this phone to my other half and got something else to fulfill my needs. While setting up exchange for her I saw how nice the phone was again.

Sent from my RM-927_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk

TrekkieMonster

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
HOLD THE PRESSES!!!

So, everything was working fine for a couple hours, but now I'm experiencing the exact same problem I had before the Kitkat update: push won't work. It will sync my sent and drafts folders just fine, in real time/push (which makes absolutely no sense to me), but it will not sync my inbox, whether via push, manual or timed fetch. But it was working earlier!!! I don't understand! So FRUSTRATING!!!

Anybody experiencing the same thing ... again? Any thoughts? I'm about ready to throw this damn think out the window! :mad:

anon6002755

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Just sent a test email to SO's phone and it worked perfectly. That's after stopping all email processes and making sure the app was completely closed. It all seems to be working as its should.

TrekkieMonster

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Here's a question I hadn't thought to ask: did you all get a new version of the email client? Does it look different? I was just reading online about the new look and new features of the new Kitkat version of the email client. But, mine looks just the same as before. And, in Application Manager it says it's the August 2013 version. This could be the problem I'm having.

Also, I now keep getting a message that says "Unfortunately, email has stopped". Sometimes this happens at the screen where I name the account; or, if I get past that, it happens shortly after the account set-up is finalized.

Anyone have any thoughts? This is incredibly frustrating.

Thanks in advance for any shared wisdom.

TrekkieMonster

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
So, I've sort of got email working now, but there's definitely something wrong. I deleted everything and started over again, but changed the update schedule from push to manual before completing the set-up. By doing that I got the email to work and to actually sync. Then I tried having it check mail every 15 minutes and that worked; and then every 10 and then every 5. It's getting my mail, but the client keeps crashing and giving me the "unfortunately, email has shut down" message. It usually crashes when I try to read an email. I just don't get it. Oh, and push will not work at all.

Sorry, I really don't mean to "spam" the thread. I'm just looking for advice, and also hoping I might be able to warn or help others who might be having the same problem.

anon6002755

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
So, I've sort of got email working now, but there's definitely something wrong. I deleted everything and started over again, but changed the update schedule from push to manual before completing the set-up. By doing that I got the email to work and to actually sync. Then I tried having it check mail every 15 minutes and that worked; and then every 10 and then every 5. It's getting my mail, but the client keeps crashing and giving me the "unfortunately, email has shut down" message. It usually crashes when I try to read an email. I just don't get it. Oh, and push will not work at all.

Sorry, I really don't mean to "spam" the thread. I'm just looking for advice, and also hoping I might be able to warn or help others who might be having the same problem.

No big deal in my opinion about "spamming" the thread. This thread is about an email issue and that's what you're talking about. It may be worth a hard reset on your end( oh my now I sound like vzw support) since it seems to be working well for the others in the thread. We were a very vocal group about it having issues and this time it may be just you.

TrekkieMonster

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
No big deal in my opinion about "spamming" the thread. This thread is about an email issue and that's what you're talking about. It may be worth a hard reset on your end( oh my now I sound like vzw support) since it seems to be working well for the others in the thread. We were a very vocal group about it having issues and this time it may be just you.

Made me almost snort coffee out my nose. ;)

Thanks for the suggestion; I had a similar thought about the hard reset. It's sort of firing on 5 cylinders at present, so I should be okay until I get some time to back everything up and do a reset. It' just seems odd that I seem to have gotten everything with the OS upgrade exceptthe new mail client that others have talked about. Just one more piece of bad luck that confirms my suspicions that I must've been a real asshat in my last life. ;)

case2000

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi all, good reading but I'm a little confused. So this new KitKat update that came out yesterday has done to my phone what you have been talking about the last 12 months, my email (Yahoo and GMail) is now in manual mode only, I need to refresh it now and then to get new emails. Say something about a hard reboot, don't know how to do that.
I have a LG 4F LTE

Appreciate any suggestions for getting my mail pushed to me automatically.

Cheers

anon6002755

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi all, good reading but I'm a little confused. So this new KitKat update that came out yesterday has done to my phone what you have been talking about the last 12 months, my email (Yahoo and GMail) is now in manual mode only, I need to refresh it now and then to get new emails. Say something about a hard reboot, don't know how to do that.

I have a LG 4F LTE

Appreciate any suggestions for getting my mail pushed to me automatically.

Cheers

Are you using the Gmail app? Yahoo app? Are these accounts setup through the LG email app?

MRF831

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Hi all. This is my first post in this forum, so be gentle. I use the stock mail app to get my work Exchange mail. Since I got the Kitkat update, I no longer have the option for getting mail in HTML format. The only option listed is Plain Text. I work with the guys who administer our Exchange servers and they verified it's not their policy. They allow HTML. I also checked with some other folks here with iPhones and Windows phones and they are getting HTML, so I'm fairly sure it's not on our end. I read a post in this thread that someone else had the same problem but I didn't see any replies. Anyone else having this problem? If it's a limitation of the stock app, can someone recommend a good alternative app (preferably free...)?

anon6002755

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi all. This is my first post in this forum, so be gentle. I use the stock mail app to get my work Exchange mail. Since I got the Kitkat update, I no longer have the option for getting mail in HTML format. The only option listed is Plain Text. I work with the guys who administer our Exchange servers and they verified it's not their policy. They allow HTML. I also checked with some other folks here with iPhones and Windows phones and they are getting HTML, so I'm fairly sure it's not on our end. I read a post in this thread that someone else had the same problem but I didn't see any replies. Anyone else having this problem? If it's a limitation of the stock app, can someone recommend a good alternative app (preferably free...)?

Be for kitkat I was unable to get html. It didn't play nice with outlook.com. Now it works with both my SO's work email and her outlook both setup as exchange ActiveSync so my experience has been the opposite. i think k-9 mail is free.

Sent from my ICON

jpr615

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
I had a similar problem. Using stock e-mail on LG tablet, Cleared Cache, cleared data, did system data restore, no good. Decided to install Outlook App. When I did the install, it told me my "Google Play Service" was Out of Date.
So I would force update of Google Play Services after and OS update.