Can't send picture messages.

niekamdt

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Trying to send picture messages and they are all failing. I turned off the wifi and it still does not work. Is there another setting that I can change to try and get these to work?

niekamdt

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Called verizon and they had me send a message in safe mode and it worked. Deleted two apps and it worked. So we thought that the apps were the problem. Before we did all of this they had me power the phone off and it found 4G. After it worked out of safe mode I thought the problem was fixed. I am now trying to send picture texts and the phone went back to 3G and they are not working. Now I am sure that it will only send the picture message in 4G. It seems that once the phone loses 4G that the only way to get it back is by restarting it. Is there a way to search for 4G without powering down? Thought I would ask here before I went back on hold with verizon.

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Is there a way to search for 4G without powering down? Thought I would ask here before I went back on hold with verizon.

Go to Settings<Tethering & networks<Mobile networks<System select. Then change from global to LTE/CDMA and it will restart just the radio to find a new signal.

Posted via Android Central App

niekamdt

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Did some more experimenting and sent a picture to my G2 from a basic phone and was then able to forward that picture with 3G. So from what I have learned I can't send pics that the G2 takes with anything but 4G because they are too big. I set the picture size to the smallest setting and they still won't send on 3G. Going to call verizon tonight and see if they have any solutions.

niekamdt

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Home WiFi. I tried with WiFi off and on. It seems to be the size of the pic that is causing the problem. When I first talked to verizon they said 2 bars on 3G should work. Hopefully they can figure something out when I call them back.

niekamdt

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Called Verizon and got 2 pic messages to send, but they took over 2 minutes each. The customer service rep found other people having similar problems with pic messages taking a long time to send so he submitted a ticket with LG for the problem. He said they will look for software problems and if they do not find any they probably will recommend a replacement. Verizon customer service has been great with trying to solve this problem.

isellorganic

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem. I JUST got this phone. I was on the phone with Verizon & I COULD NOT download the pic while I was on the phone. what is the deal with that? I have never had a problem ever with the galaxy phone. My data is on. Any idea what is wrong. Also I want verizon to add that smart feature to the phone. I called verizon & they said they sent a message to LG

KnightOfThe21st

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site
Okay, so here is what you want to do:

Go to:
"Settings"
Go to:
"Mobile Networks"
Look for "DATA ENABLED" and be sure that the Box IS checked!

Then go send those picture files and enjoy. :--))

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power