01-27-2014 10:10 PM
42 12
tools
    When it's enabled you get a transparent universal touch icon that can be moved. Press the icon and a box pops up with volume, power and home buttons. I use it to adjust the volume when using a car mount or listening to music.

Sent from my rooted LG-G2 using Tapatalk
    That's awesome...who needs the back buttons with this and the Knock On features. Thanks for that tip!

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
    01-10-2014 11:08 AM
    Thing I don't like about this phone? Its a darn fingerprint magnet! I feel like I'm always cleaning it, but other than that I love it. Especially the battery life.

Posted via Android Central App
    01-10-2014 11:22 AM
    I don't like the button layout (still can't get used to it) . I tried and I'm going to be returning it next Monday. App/game compatibility is another big issue for me. Even though it's only a handful of them, it's still a problem. Fingerprint magnet Yes!! Call quality is ok. Battery life is excellent. Reception seems to be hit and miss for me too. Camera is great when the focus works properly. I have the Verizon model LG G2.

Oh and I have a disability on my right hand and I can't hold this phone comfortably (yes I've tried my left hand) I have no use of my middle, ring, and little finger on my right hand.

Since my injury I have OCD when it comes to phones I guess. Don't rip me apart in the comments.. I just don't like the button layout on this phone.

01-10-2014 12:27 PM
    This phone is a beast! I absolutely love this phone!

Posted from my awesome Lg G2
    01-10-2014 12:34 PM
    App/game compatibility is another big issue for me. Even though it's only a handful of them, it's still a problem.

What do you mean by App/game compatibility?
    01-10-2014 01:53 PM
    What do you mean by App/game compatibility?
    I actually meant compatibility/availability. I am a former iPhone 5 user and many of the games and apps I have used in the past are either not available or they just don't work on this phone. I guess I should of researched the Play Store a little more.

01-10-2014 01:59 PM
    Slow push with built in email client. Yes all settings are correct but when I use the aosp email client it is instant. I'm using a smartphone I want instant email. Outside of that which is something that can be remedied this phone is awesome.

Bluetooth streaming. Whether its Pandora or flac files stored locally on my phone they all sound pretty bad. I'm no audiophile but it's not acceptable for anything other than listening to a podcast.

redimpala01 likes this.
    01-10-2014 04:54 PM
    Yeah, I haven't taken a ton of pictures since I received the update, but it seems to be much much better. Also the knock-on feature is more consistent and reliable. It was always kind of finicky before....works like it should now.
    I do not find the camera speed improved for indoor shots...the app is a million times better, however.

01-13-2014 11:10 AM
    Not gonna lie, I have only had this phone a week but i tried out several before buying.

Here is what I wanted in a phone.

1. Battery Life - This phone has the 2nd best battery on the planet currently
    2. Screen Size/Quality - Bigger than any non Phablet, still fits in my pocket, and is gorgeous to look at
    3. Power/Speed/RAM/ROM - This phone excels at them all!
    4. Camera Quality - Best android camera out there

I got the phone for less than $100, you can't beat that.

I hear you guys that don't like the back buttons but you don't have to use them. Go to Gestures like others have suggested and put the on screen menu up.

To answer the OP's question directly... THERE IS NOTHING ABOUT THIS PHONE NOT TO LIKE! Buy it
    h20squirter likes this.
    01-15-2014 01:39 PM
    When I want to quickly adjust the volume control I8 find it a little tedious especially if I don't have the phone in my hand already. Other than that I'm very pleased with the phone.

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app
    If you're listening to music on the g2 or on a speaker call, double tap to turn on the screen then pull down the notification screen. You'll see a volume slider.
    01-18-2014 03:28 PM
    If you're listening to music on the g2 or on a speaker call, double tap to turn on the screen then pull down the notification screen. You'll see a volume slider.
    I actually did not know that. Thanks!
    01-18-2014 03:53 PM
    I wish they'd make this in a smaller size and keep the same specs (besides battery). I use a moto x as my daily phone and this one when I know I'll need extra battery life. The Moto X would be the perfect phone if it had wireless charging, a larger battery and better camera like the G2. There is a difference between the two phones due to the processors but it's not a deal break by any means.

For once I feel like LG's skin isn't bad. I've disabled many of it's features but it does help to appeal to the general consumer who likes shiny objects.
    01-18-2014 04:52 PM
    I don't like the on screen Android buttons (there is room for them below the screen, no logical reason for them to be on the screen). The gps is mediocre. The camera is nearly worthless for snapshots of people in the dark. Otherwise it's fine.

01-25-2014 01:14 PM
    My only dislike is this phones speaker quality compared to other smartphones. The speaker is not bad, but not great either. My old Samsung S2's speaker is superior to this. Otherwise, this phone is awesome and I'm glad I upgraded!
    01-25-2014 10:59 PM
    I'm getting mine hopefully on the 27 or 28th of January...my only gripe is not enough cases out there for the Verizon version...I don't really like the open window one from LG,to expensive and I heard the metel around the window can scratch the screen...any suggestions on a case
    01-26-2014 03:04 PM
    I don't like the fact that I can't have my own ringback tones like I can with ringtones. I can download from the internet to my desktop computer and then transfer tones to my G2 but then can only select them for ringtones and do not have the option to select them for a ringback tone.
    01-26-2014 06:41 PM
    Overall I love the G2. The screen is excellent, the 2Gb memory is plenty of RAM, CPU is very responsive-apps run perfectly. I like the camera for the most part but have had run-ins with the slow focus, but still a nice picture when I tap on the focus region before snapping. Battery is very good, still with a lot of use and WiFi on it starts to run down by the end of the day - but it is a good battery for a phone with this much power.

OK - Things I don't really like that much:
    1. Glass design with near zero bezel width results in very fragile design in terms of screen toughness/reliability. Phone must be in case 100% of life IMO - should ship phone in a case ;-) Wider design with some additional bezel width and in addition thicker Gorilla Glass 3 top glass would be welcome.
    2. Love the QuickRemote app for the phone, works with all my devices but the IR signal appears to be rather weak. I need to be within 5-6 feet of my Vizio TV to control it ( the G Pad 8.3 works from 12-15 feet but alas that QuickRemote app is limited to only TV and Cable Box devices ??why LG?? ).
    3. Knock-on feature - great idea with a poor implementation / execution. It only works under limited circumstances and not completely consistently. I would like to rely on it as a way to wake / sleep the display but it is simply too unreliable to be considered a true "release quality" feature.
    4. The stock keyboard is unusable IMO. I would recommend LG cut a deal with Swype or SwiftKey to include a modern keyboard with the phone out of the box. Tap keyboards are dead technology on modern smartphones, i.e. now expected to either tap or draw on a touch screen keyboard.
    5. Want a micro-SD card slot (not a major problem, but since the phone is such a performance beast I would love to have extra 32 or 64 Gb of media storage available).
    6. Not a big fan of the back buttons after a few months of use. I frequently fumble to find the 'on' button (see knock-on problem desc.) and typically find my finger in the picture when trying to use the back buttons to snap a picture. If the back buttons are useful for snapping photos (which some say they like) then physically separate the camera lens from those buttons by an inch or two.
    01-27-2014 10:10 PM
42 12