LG G2: Can't connect to my home wifi all of a sudden

crazychris4124

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
ive reset my wifi 3 times already and i use wpa2 security. I have a Gen I verizon router, phone is saying the connection is good

Last edited by a moderator:

crazychris4124

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: Cant connect to my home wifi all of a sudden

it says my router is no response from the internet but im using my pc with a external wifi adapter with no problems, im streaming the protests in the ukraine with 0 hiccups. Yes ive tried shutting off all other devices but that doesnt help either

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central! When you say you reset your wifi, do you mean you rebooted your router?

If you have a router from Verizon, does that mean it's a combined modem/router? Those things are always a bit of a pain, because you probably can't reboot it simply by unplugging it and plugging it back in, since it probably has a battery backup. There's probably a reboot option in the router's settings, which you have to access using your web browser.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
ive reset my wifi 3 times already and i use wpa2 security. I have a Gen I verizon router, phone is saying the connection is good

Also, some phones have an option to avoid "weak" signal strength with WiFi, if you have that checked, turn it off and see if it helps :)
Should be within the advanced options for WiFi

Posted via Android Central App

thomottsdroid

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site

My LG G2 says it's connected, but has no access to any internet via wi-fi. It will connect to the wireless at my home or work and give me access for about 1-3 minutes, then it's gone. It will still say it's connected, even if I drive 100 miles from home. My son has my old Motorola droid M and it connects and stays connected. I have changed my security settings and used 3 different Wi-Fi devices with no luck. I have tried changing pretty much every setting on this phone, but no luck. I have now had to increase my data package because of this issue. I have not done a full reboot or reset, because I don't want to lose the phone set up and have to redo it. I love this phone, but this is A deal breaker. Any one with thoughts or advice, please let me know.

Posted via Android Central App

crazychris4124

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site

Thats similar to mine, it says its connected but an error message pops up saying there is no response from the internet

spkay31

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site

I had WiFi issues when I first got my G2 in mid Nov. I tried different things but eventually tried a factory reset as recommended by a user on an LG G2 forum. I had taken an early update to the base installed OS but never did a factory reset and the WiFi issues were a pain. After the factory reset everything worked perfectly, didn't have any real WiFi issues after that point and I recently installed the bigger 4.2.2 update that started rollout in Jan. I didn't need to do a factory reset after that update, just earliest one that 'seems' to have not completely cleaned up the network changes after the install. Try factory reset before replacing the phone.