LG G2: Nonstop LED flashing

stellaxtine

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
So I woke up this morning to my LED notification light flashing every color. After clearing the notifications that had accrued over the night and checking my settings, it still doesn't stop. It never did this before and I'm not sure why it's suddenly doing this now. When I have an actual notification, like a text or email, it'll only flash green- like it normally does- but when there aren't any notifications, it just continually flashes rainbows at me. Is this a new thing? I don't want to turn off that light permanently, because I like when it's actually doing its job of notifying me, but now it's just annoying :-\ How do I fix this?

Last edited by a moderator:

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: Nonstop LED flashing

So I woke up this morning to my LED notification light flashing every color. After clearing the notifications that had accrued over the night and checking my settings, it still doesn't stop. It never did this before and I'm not sure why it's suddenly doing this now. When I have an actual notification, like a text or email, it'll only flash green- like it normally does- but when there aren't any notifications, it just continually flashes rainbows at me. Is this a new thing? I don't want to turn off that light permanently, because I like when it's actually doing its job of notifying me, but now it's just annoying :-\ How do I fix this?

have you been using some application that makes your LED flash, if yes then uninstall that and try installing a different application that suits your need.

Ed_Grohl

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Re: Nonstop LED flashing

Using Light Flow?

If so you actually have to go into the app to get the light to stop. Swiping the notification away does not do it.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
So I woke up this morning to my LED notification light flashing every color. After clearing the notifications that had accrued over the night and checking my settings, it still doesn't stop.

Mine did the same exact thing a week or two ago. It was when I woke up like you, and went to unplug it. I cleared notifications and it still flashed. Mine was flashing three different colors. Rebooted and haven't had the issue since.

No special apps or anything like that wants to do anything to the LED installed.

lingcod777

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
I had this, or something similar, happen twice when my morning alarm (stock alarm) when off. I hit snooze but it never alarmed again and the LED was flashing through it's range of colors. No new apps other then updates. I haven't had a chance to dig into/repeat it yet.

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Settings, display, tap notification light. Sounds like the led is set to display when the alarm goes off.

Posted via Android Central App

MexeM

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
I had this problem too... The back button led was blinking also.
Rebooting only solved temporarily, since the next morning the phone was again blinking as a Christmas tree.

I figured out the problem was with the alarm/clock app (the front led is set to rainbow blinking on alarms, as is the back led), so I tried deleting the application cache and data and now it seems working again as it should...

sherrylou937

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
My phone did the same thing and it was driving me crazy. I removed the SIM card and reinstalled and have had no problems. This did happen after I used the USB cord to download photos to my laptop. Not sure if this was the cause or not.

shadowsjc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
same thing happened to me. a reboot solved the problem. haven't been able to recreate the issue on command, although it has happened 3-4x over the past couple of months. i do not use a third party alarm app (i only use the built in alarm app)

Lisa Claber

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I had this phone set up yesterday and set my alarm for this morning. The green flashing light is definitely the alarm. I've just turned it off and the light has gone.

Ace Of Grenades

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
i found a solution the will solve the problem permanently
1.go into your alarm clock and set a new alarm 1min from now
2.when it rings tap dismiss and done your rainbow led should be gone.

tiffersxP

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
i found a solution the will solve the problem permanently
1.go into your alarm clock and set a new alarm 1min from now
2.when it rings tap dismiss and done your rainbow led should be gone.

Oml Thank you! Finally something that works. I tried everything else on mine and it wouldn't stop, but right after I did that, the problem was resolved. :)

Barb Goss

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
My phone was blinking a green light...I couldn't figure it out. I pulled the menu down and there I saw that I had deleted 31 contacts (I only want phone contacts not facebook or google) and it wanted me to verify. I did and the light went out. Usually a blinking light of any color means it wants some type of action from you.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Thanks for your suggestion, but turning off Sync also means the phone won't refresh for new emails and other important data.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2