Just Got a G2 - Wow!!!!

rjr1049

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
I just upgraded from an HTC Rezound which, in its day, was a good phone (although with lousy battery life). Had the Rez for two years. I am amazed at the leap in technology over two years. The G2 is an extraordinary piece of hardware and I could not be more pleased with it. You folks who have had it for a while sure have been having fun with this beast. Now I get to have fun too!

I have managed to adjust to the buttons without a fuss. This seems to be the big issue for reviewers but, with large hands, the button placement turns out to be much easier for me than finding buttons on the side of the phone. I rarely tap the phone to turn it on.

This forum was a great source of info on the phone before I grabbed it. Thanks to everyone here for being so informative.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
It's always good to hear when someone is happy with their new device. I'm glad you enjoy the G2 :)

Rcrdude64

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Looks like I'm not the only one happy with his recent purchase. Just got mine last night. Swapped from a note 2 on spint to a g2 on verizon. Worlds of difference. Just waiting for a real day to see how the battery holds up and if I need to pick me up an external battery pack or something.

rjr1049

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
You will not be disappointed. I have been using it since about 8 AM today (although with light usage) and I am at 81% left.

mynameis

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
First off, congrats on your new G2! I hope you enjoy it as it seems like you are. For me, I don't know if I like button placement. But I have heard, big or small hands, your fingers land perfectly on the buttons.

Don't know how you went 2 years with the same phone. Seems like I get a new one every few months! ;) but I have Moto X and don't see myself switching anytime soon.

But, once again. Congrats on the new phone and I hope it stays speedy and lag free for ya! :)

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I just upgraded from an HTC Rezound which, in its day, was a good phone (although with lousy battery life). Had the Rez for two years. I am amazed at the leap in technology over two years. The G2 is an extraordinary piece of hardware and I could not be more pleased with it. You folks who have had it for a while sure have been having fun with this beast. Now I get to have fun too!

I have managed to adjust to the buttons without a fuss. This seems to be the big issue for reviewers but, with large hands, the button placement turns out to be much easier for me than finding buttons on the side of the phone. I rarely tap the phone to turn it on.

Couldn't agree more :)

My Evo lte Filling the shoes of my HTC One

Hobbs16

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
If this phone doesn't last you an entire day on 1 charge you're doing something wrong..lol. I can go 3 days w/ out charging my phone depending on how much I use it...

spkay31

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Great phone, but be warned it really needs to be in a case 100% of the time, the non-existent bezels mean the screen can crack relatively easily even from a small drop onto a hard surface or object. Protect the screen and you will love having one of the fastest, best performing phones currently available.

rjr1049

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Got the Diztronic case for it. I have always used a case but, so far, I am not using a screen protector. The screen is so gorgeous that I did not want to mess with that.

sethun

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Awesome! I also just upgraded from the rezound and the difference is night and day. I got the Incipio dualpro case and am loving it so far. Only small complaint is that the camera can be slow to focus indoors.

Posted via Android Central App

Jeffk23

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I upgraded from the rezound also. I got the g2 on the first day it was available in the US, September 12th. When I first got the rezound I thought the phone was amazing. Needless to say, the g2 blows it away in every category. Coming from HTC, the battery life is a very important thing as the battery swap for me was a daily thing with the rezound. You will not believe how good the battery life is on the g2. Also, for the size of the battery, in my opinion, it charges very fast. Enjoy your new toy. Um, phone... :)

Posted via Android Central App

rjr1049

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Yup I switched batteries every day with my Rez. So far the battery on the G2 has been every bit as good as people have said. I run a bunch of stuff all the time and yet by 5 PM each day I have about 70% battery left. Simply amazing.