Verizon LG G2: Speaker phone keeps enabling on its own

shadowsjc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Stock LG G2 (launch day), unrooted

As of yesterday, whenever I make a call and hold the phone up to my ear, speakerphone automatically turns itself on. If I hit the speaker button to turn it off, and then re-place to my ear, it turns back on again. I'm pretty positive I am not making contact with cheek and accidentally turning it on. Super weird. Any ideas? Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

murdalok

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Try rebooting the phone. Also try safe mode. Just hold the power button until it gives you the option to power off, then press and hold power off. A prompt will appear asking you to boot into safe mode.

If it works fine in safe mode, that indicates 3rd party software is causing the issue.

Besides that i recommend a factory reset. If none of that helps, Since your within youre 14 days of purchase i would return the phone ;-).

Of course you could always contact Verizon, we are always happy to help.

farmjope

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Same thing just started happening with my Optimus G. Something is going on with LG phones. There's another thread about it and it just started happen to both my phones a few days ago.

Hunan

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
My G2 started to have all calls, received or outgoing start with speakerphone on. This stopped after I restarted the phone.

Posted via Android Central App

shadowsjc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
i folded up a small piece of paper and cleaned out the USB port on my phone. There was some lint and junk in there - nothing too major.

I also rebooted in safe mode and did not experience the problem.

Now I've been running it normally for a day and I haven't seen the problem again. I am hoping that it was just gunk that was interfering with the USB port and made the phone think it was docked. (I read that this may happen to other android phones).