Replacing stock dialer issue

Jax Saint James

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
Hey y'all. I just bought an LG G2 with Verizon a weeks ago. I've been slowly learning the whole customizing thing because I came from an iPhone 4S.

Anyway, I wanted to replaced the stock dialer on my phone. So I've downloaded a couple applications and some look awesome. The problem is that every app still uses the stock dialer (or Skype) to make phone calls! I can search contacts, dial numbers, and even send message through some of the apps but as soon as a call begins every app uses the stock. I just hate how it looks.

Can anyone either tell me how go get around using the stock dialer or an application that definitely won't use the stock?

Thanks in advance y'all.

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey y'all. I just bought an LG G2 with Verizon a weeks ago. I've been slowly learning the whole customizing thing because I came from an iPhone 4S.

Anyway, I wanted to replaced the stock dialer on my phone. So I've downloaded a couple applications and some look awesome. The problem is that every app still uses the stock dialer (or Skype) to make phone calls! I can search contacts, dial numbers, and even send message through some of the apps but as soon as a call begins every app uses the stock. I just hate how it looks.

Can anyone either tell me how go get around using the stock dialer or an application that definitely won't use the stock?

Thanks in advance y'all.

Welcome to the forums.
When you click on a phone number from a website it should ask which one to launch by default. You can pick one then. Other than that you would have to actually use the app you got to make a phone call.

Jax Saint James

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
I'm just confused because nothing is ever giving me another option other than the stock dialer app. Even if I use a number from a website. Is it impossible to make a phone call using anything but the stock dialer?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm just confused because nothing is ever giving me another option other than the stock dialer app. Even if I use a number from a website. Is it impossible to make a phone call using anything but the stock dialer?

I don't have an LG G2, so unfortunately I can't test anything. Is there an option in the app settings to make it default?

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Jax Saint James

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
Nope, no such option. I can't even set up any of the new apps as the default when I place the phone call. It's so irritating.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie