Browser for LG G2

leozdad

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
What browser works best on the g2? Meaning fastest, uses less power. I have been a dolphin fan, but was wondering about chrome. Opinions please...

Dave: Sent from my Nexus 7

Last edited by a moderator:

somnambulator

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Browser for lg g2

I'm a huge opera mobile (not mini) fan, but made chrome my default after getting the g2. opera is a great browser that consumes almost no battery, which is why I used it on my previous 2 phones spanning 3+ years.

Chrome is faster, integrates seamlessly with your Google account to save history, favorites, tabs, even autosaved passwords. It has traditionally consumed large amounts of battery on my old devices, even with all syncing turned off. however that's both no longer the case on my g2 and also not a big concern due to the battery life.

Opera Mobile, imo, handles applets and video better, and displays txt-heavy websites way, way better. I still keep it installed for when chrome isn't cutting it when watching a video or reading a article on a website. opera actually reformats the text on a page to display properly at every zoom level. I haven't seen anything else do it that well.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless G2, using unlimited data :)

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I still like the AOSP browser with quick controls. Next browser is also pretty good. It has a home page, night mode, and a news feed.

Sent from my LG-G2 running CMB Roms 4.4.2

scottcraft

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I like boat browser, but I've switched to Chrome because of syncing across devices. Boat can do that with the paid version though.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Maxthon has been my go to browser for some time... All the features of Chrome plus way more, is extremely fast and resource light, easy on battery, and their desktop browser is pretty stout too. If you have never tried it, I would recommend giving it a good look over.

adauth

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
Puffin. I love Puffin, especially since it has Flash support.

via the phone

You know that you can sideload flash on your device and it works perfectly on Dolphin, Dolphin mini, Maxthon boat and quite a few others. I used Puffin only for the flash support but now that I can use it on Dolphin, maxthon, Boat, etc.. Etc.. I have no reason to use Puffin. I didn't like Puffins design to begin with so when I found out that there were other browsers capable of flash support.. Puffin was Uninstalled.
If anyone one needs help with installing flash on your device feel free to let me know. I can point you in the right right direction or id be willing to help you guys.
Btw it's actually quite an easy process so even inexperienced Android users should be able to handle it.
:-D

Sent from my VS980 4G

HarvesterX?

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I've done through every legit browser o G2 and none of them work for my needs.

Advanced bookmaark support : Chrome and Beta each have it but in for free to switch between mobile oe desktop pages on the fly. No go

Xscope looks premising but maybe it's cause it's really late but organizing bookmarks drove me crazy.

My favorite which is Puffin I may end up using even though I gotta turn hardware acceleration off in settings. That's a huge negative though and they need to fix it.

The AOSP Browsers all immediately close on me after install otherwise those have potential

The other browsers I tried. (so many OG forgot a lol their names) either lack permanent user agent settings or advanced bookmark management.

I found a few with extensions to always display desktop pages but those never worked correctly.

Does anybody have any solutions here? Oh, the browser also needs to rival the faster ones. I also don't want one of the few browsers listed on the store that are are just clones of each other.

On this replacement G2 I have no access to a computer with Administrator login so bypassing bootloader and rooting aren't an option.

There has to be a solution somewhere even if it's just a hacked Chlorine copy or a hacked Puffin copy without the requirements for turning GPU acceleration off

Help?

htcincredible

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Puffin is the fastest browser in have ever used and the fact that it supports flash is what made me pay for it I don't want a time limit on when flash will be supported on the free version

Posted via Android Central App

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm kind of liking Javelin browser right now. The immersive mode lets me use the entire screen.
It's worth noting that Maxthon recently added that feature as well.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

phoneaddict78

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
I use boat browser the tablet version on my G2. I tried the regular boat browser on but the tablet version has a lot more features.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app