Text messages and bluetooth

scottcraft

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Can the G2 read text messages to me when connected to bluetooth? If so how can I make it work? This is a feature I really enjoyed when I used Windows phone, but I can seem to make it work on the G2.

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Go to Settings...Sound....turn on Voice Notifications (under System header towards bottom). Keep in mind, this will readout through your Bluetooth headset, but if off, reads out loud! If you buy a newer, slightly advanced Bluetooth, such as LG Tone, the manufacturers provide readback apps. Most of Motorola devices allow you to download the Motospeak app that adds even more additional features, such as voice control. But even the newer phones come with their own readback apps: Samsung's S-Voice, Motorola's Google Now, and even LG's Voice Mate, all that can be used most newer Bluetooth devices. Good luck.

Posted via Android Central App

deku13

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Go to Settings...Sound....turn on Voice Notifications (under System header towards bottom). Keep in mind, this will readout through your Bluetooth headset, but if off, reads out loud! If you buy a newer, slightly advanced Bluetooth, such as LG Tone, the manufacturers provide readback apps. Most of Motorola devices allow you to download the Motospeak app that adds even more additional features, such as voice control. But even the newer phones come with their own readback apps: Samsung's S-Voice, Motorola's Google Now, and even LG's Voice Mate, all that can be used most newer Bluetooth devices. Good luck.

How can you get it to feedback through lg voicemate? I moved back from wp8 where it was easy to have the phone read back my text messages through Bluetooth only. I use it in my car but don't want it to work when the Bluetooth is turned off.

scottcraft

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site

I've got a Motorola roadster bluetooth device, so I'll look for an app. I'll also look into the VoiceMate. Thanks for the help!

scottcraft

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
To update this a bit, I downloaded the Moto speak app and have been using it for a couple of days. So far it's working pretty well.

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary