How to set different notification tones for Gmail and stock LG text messenger?

hawk45

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Setup on the G2 was super simple. I heard about all the settings options, but surprised that I can't find a way to get different notifications sounds for different applications. Right now I can just find one notification sound and it's global for all apps. I would suspect I could go into the stock text messenger and set that notification tone to one, then go into gmail settings and set that to another. I give SMS more priority than email, so would prefer to know which message is incoming w/o having to open up the phone. Am I missing something? This should be a basic feature, at least I'd assume for all the other things these things can do. I'd prefer not to use a 3rd party app for messaging but may have to if not possible to set apps to individual sounds.

Thanks,
Hawk

AndroidProf

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Um I believe you're looking for the tone options in the General Settings. If that is the case, then my friend you're looking in the wrong section. Just open the default texting app (Hangouts, SMS or w.e it is) and tap the menu button, go to the settings of that specific app and in there you will be able to set a different tone to your alerts. You can do that with your email app as well.

hawk45

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Odd.. I went back in just a bit ago and I was able to add other sounds. The options weren't there before. Maybe I'm losing it. I did download some Zedge tones, so not sure if that triggered it. Maybe adding some third party tones woke up those options.

All good now. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech