Verizon LG G2: Word on KitKat?

Andy Lam1

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
When is verizon getting kit kat? I been seaching and there is nothing anywhere, is there one guy working on all this?

Last edited by a moderator:

AKFL3TCH3R

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
No. Actually, spends 2 minutes considering a possible consideration to work on it at all, then 12 seconds even looking through the unfinished files, and crying.

Posted via Android Central App

TNCattleDog

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Then he comes here and reads all the posts asking when we are going to get kit kat, smiles and decides to take a month off work....

David

AKFL3TCH3R

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Yup, since it is the 27th of March already, it will obviously be here even later because they are discouraged to release an update late... er than their normal late.

Posted via Android Central App

TNCattleDog

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Not sure why everyone is in such a tizzy about not getting KK yet. It seems like most of the posts that I read about the T-Mo and AT&T G2 seem to be complaining more since the update.

As it is, the G2 is an awesome phone with very very few issues as it is. Why introduce more? Wait for Verizon to get it right then be happy.

David

xgman

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Not sure why everyone is in such a tizzy about not getting KK yet. It seems like most of the posts that I read about the T-Mo and AT&T G2 seem to be complaining more since the update.

As it is, the G2 is an awesome phone with very very few issues as it is. Why introduce more? Wait for Verizon to get it right then be happy.

David

It's not Verizon. It's LG. Verizon just adds their overlay. Any bugs are likely LG's bugs and at this point I'll trade the performance increases for a few bugs. And for the record, 4.2.2 has plenty of it's own bugs, so Verizon is out of excuses! They really don't "get" their customers.

dcleveng

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Came across this article: Link

For LG G2 owners on Verizon carrier in the U.S., wait for further details regarding LG G2 Android 4.4 KitKat update, which is expected to come in the next couple of days.

It may just be speculation on their part though since LG announced that it would be released by the end of "Q1".

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Came across this article: Link For LG G2 owners on Verizon carrier in the U.S., wait for further details regarding LG G2 Android 4.4 KitKat update, which is expected to come in the next couple of days.

I see your mistake here... You read that the update is expected to come in the next couple of days, when what they intended to say was that further details are expected in the next couple of days. ;) Gotta love Verizon!

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

David

I said the same thing in the other VZW KK Post. Most of VZW's "improved updates" usually doesn't improve the phone at all. A lot of the time it breaks the phone. I'm very happy with how my G2 runs, so I'll not be taking the update.

xgman

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I said the same thing in the other VZW KK Post. Most of VZW's "improved updates" usually doesn't improve the phone at all. A lot of the time it breaks the phone. I'm very happy with how my G2 runs, so I'll not be taking the update.

From the look of things, you may not have to worry about that since this update seems to be mia.....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheOzarks