Verizon LG G2: So I'm guessing we aren't getting KitKat?

BecomingDeath13

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
As much as I want KitKat, I am concerned about installing the update when it gets pushed because of all the problems with MMS AT&T and T-Mobile are having. AT&T saying it's a software issue with no fix, and is now replacing G2 phones with users choice of an s4 or an iPhone... I hope that doesn't befall the Sprint/Verizon variant, I might cry lol.
Not to mention the steep downgrade..ouch.

-Adam-
Sent from my LG-LS980.

kxs783kms

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
Ikr

Posted via Android Central App

As much as I want KitKat, I am concerned about installing the update when it gets pushed because of all the problems with MMS AT&T and T-Mobile are having. AT&T saying it's a software issue with no fix, and is now replacing G2 phones with users choice of an s4 or an iPhone... I hope that doesn't befall the Sprint/Verizon variant, I might cry lol.
Not to mention the steep downgrade..ouch.

-Adam-
Sent from my LG-LS980.

Hey fellas, I just started a thread in this section which links to how to get KK installed and working on your phone today. Let me tell you, KK is sweet. Running like a champ. This build could very well be the OTA that we're set to get who knows when. Enjoy!

thecycleoflife

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
You got the update? I'm with Sprint and have yet to see it today.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Whenever a carrier (AT&T,VERIZON,SPRINT,T-MOBILE,etc.) provides an update it can take a few days before you receive it.

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app

scotty729

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Hang in there Verizon g2 people I have sprint and got the update yesterday and all I can say is it is awesome. The phone is faster it feels a lot better and everything is working great. Just hang in there because it is so worth it.

AKFL3TCH3R

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Hang in there Verizon g2 people I have sprint and got the update yesterday and all I can say is it is awesome. The phone is faster it feels a lot better and everything is working great. Just hang in there because it is so worth it.

Telling us to hang in there then tell is all about the update is so pointless

mikebear

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Verizon respectfully requests that if you would like to upgrade to Kit Kat to please buy another phone. Don't worry if you don't have an upgrade available, they happily accept full retail price, and if you still have one of the silly, silly unlimited data plans, please use your upgrade and grab a 2 gb account, you don't need unlimited when we offer such great tiered rates! (no one has better prices than us - except ATT, Sprint, T-Mobile and a slew of smaller independents!)

tjrssibelle

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site

Did you do a factory reset after taking the update?

Sent from my VERIZON LG G2

xgman

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Verizon respectfully requests that if you would like to upgrade to Kit Kat to please buy another phone.

Not that far from reality. Even the rumored G3 will be out soon enough. Look, they obviously just don't think updates are very important to the average customer. Well that and the fact that they don't really seem to care about their customers, even at Fios... I would switch, but it is a work phone.

shadowsjc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
why would verizon not release KitKat on this phone? Has there been a precedent set where a major update rolls out to every other carrier EXCEPT Verizon?

It's been pretty well established that for whatever reason updates take a long time to roll out on Verizon. That doesn't mean that KK won't get released for this phone. It just means you have to wait longer for it.

bprushik

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
As a former Galaxy Nexus owner... I ended up giving up and going the ROM route. Verizon did manage to de Nexus a Nexus

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app

cobra617

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I too was a former GNex owner on VZW. I too went the rom route. (Cyanogenmod)
I've rooted and run alternate roms on every device and phone I've owned. (Nook Color, Asus Transformer TF101, HP Touchpad and various phones)
BUT with this phone I haven't put an alternate rom (sort of). I actually like the stock LG rom. (I have TWRP and I am actually running the stock de-bloated rom with root privileges) As for Kit Kat....I am a HUGE KK fan. It has breathed new life into some of my oldest devices. It is very fast. BUT, the G2 is such a fast phone that I don't find myself wanting more speed. So for a change, I am not pressed to go to an alternate rom to get KK. I will just apply the KK rom manually when someone takes the stock and de-bloats it. I friggin love this phone. The speed and battery are unreal. I am perfectly content to stick with the LG rom as I had grown tired of constantly upgrading my rom and literally wiping my phone once a week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2