G2 or M8?

otictac1

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I have, and love, a G2. It is my favorite phone I've ever had. My wife is looking to upgrade and is switching from the iPhone 4s to either the M8 or the G2. I know that I love the G2 and she has played with it some and likes it, but I was wondering if anyone had any compelling arguments either way?

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Depends on what features she wants. The speakers and Sense UI are the only areas I would give a clear edge to the M8. The G2 has a better camera, great battery life, and nice form factor. The back buttons are an issue for some, but most G2 owners get used to them or use knock on. Going to a store and having her hold and use both phones would probably make the decision a bit easier.

Sent from my LG-G2 running Carbon 4.4.2

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Wow, well you already know they're both very nice phones...The spec's are very similar too.

So you have the G2 and know it's strong points but what about the M8?

Camera features are loaded, the speakers are very nice, the display is gorgeous and the aluminum body has a very pleasant feel. Sounds like the battery is not only bigger but better optimized as well.

The major complaint going around is the height due to the large bezel.

I'd say it boils down to preference really.

If I were in your shoes I get the One and try it for a week or two, compare the two and switch if she likes the G2 more. Just make sure you don't pass the return window date

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app

otictac1

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback everyone. She went to the store yesterday and tried the M8 out. The speakers are really the main issue with the phone. She is almost never going to listen to music/games through the speaker so their added height to the phone is pretty much useless.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Had this same problem last week. Went with the M8, now I'm thinking I'll probably be switching to the G3 when it comes out. I like my G2 better, but couldn't see spending $500 on an "old" new phone when I could get the new M8 for $600. After a week with the M8, I miss my G2. The M8 is just so big. She's coming from an iPhone, so she's really going to hate the size of the M8.

otictac1

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Thanks everyone. We actually went with the G2 and she is really liking it. It took her a bit to adjust to the size, but she has come on board. She is loving the battery life as well as the speed and 4G (4s on had 3G). She is also really liking the 32 GB of storage. She was completely hamstrung by the limited space on the 4s.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek