Cracked Screen - Replacing Through Asurion - help transferring EVERYTHING?

Stevini18

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Using the Verizon kickstand case - phone fell perfectly on concrete, top right edge - cracked screen all the way down the phone.

Only the upper left corner (about 1/3 of the screen) is still useable via the touchscreen.

BTW - upon restart of the phone, up popped a message "It appears your LCD may be damaged. Would you like to enable hardware button functions?" or something like that - basically allowing me to answer calls and silence alarms via the rear buttons...pretty cool!

In any case, I'm getting a replacement through Asurion tomorrow. Any advice on a way to transfer EVERYTHING over since it will be G2 to G2? I'd like to transfer apps, SMS - everything if possible. I have very limited touch functionality, so it will have to be done via PC...

Thanks!

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
You should be able to transfer all your pics and such by using the Verizon cloud app.

Other data as far as apps go will transfer with your Google account if you have it set to back up.

Posted via Android Central App

Dale Lindsay

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Hey, I recently cracked mine as well. The screen was completely unusable. I panicked because I don't use cloud and needed all my personal pics and information wiped. What I did was bought a female USB to mini USB cord, plugged in a mouse and my phone was fully usable. A pretty cool function I was thrilled to find.

Posted via Android Central App

Stevini18

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Interesting, thanks! I guess the same could happen with a bluetooth mouse if you had one and were able to pair it...that would allow me to install some sort of backup app, etc....