Kitkat said to be available via pc software upgrade tool.

alcor34

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Apparently, according to the article, it won't be ota for a couple days. But it's there in desktop manager for me. Besides, through manager, it downloads the entire package, so i'm going for that with a reset in the hopes that all will be well.

xgman

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
There is no vs980 in the list on the lg mobile support tool, so I don't see how this can work at all. basically this tool doesn't see the verizon G2 phone. When connecting my phone I never got a prompt to install any Verizon update software.

Last edited:

somenothingness

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
LG Tools does see my G2, but says its up to date. VZW software upgrade assistant doesn't recognize my phone in the device list. It says its up to date though. Hmmm.

Last edited:

xgman

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
i give up. i guess my computer bypassed this verizon step and now won't let me get back to where i could get the software update thingy. maybe you need a factory usb cable which I no longer have.

edit: Somehow I forced autoplay to see it and now it is updating.

somenothingness

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
must be limited slots on the server. Only so many at a time. I'll wait till the OTA. Software should communicate better than this. Is what it is.

qisdtech

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I found the update via the software as well. Install went smoothly and I am currently finishing up a FDR after installation to make sure it's as smooth and trouble free as possible

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
For those who took the official OTA (via KDZ flash) - are you still able to root after that? Does it affect the bootloader Loki exploit?

alcor34

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
i give up. i guess my computer bypassed this verizon step and now won't let me get back to where i could get the software update thingy. maybe you need a factory usb cable which I no longer have.

edit: Somehow I forced autoplay to see it and now it is updating.

Why don't you try uninstalling the update tool, and drives and then plug the phone in and let it do the process again?

Last edited:

somenothingness

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Tried that trick myself. Didn't work for me. Surely this has nothing to do with black vs white models. Like the AT&T thing where the IMEI numbers were released for the black phones and not the white ones. I have the white one fwiw. My phone, when connected via USB says: Connected as an installer and has the Ethernet connection checked.

Last edited:

Bwahahahaha

Banned
Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Might be a dumb question, as my brain isn't functioning properly today it seems, but do you need to be unrooted on stock in order for this update software to see your phone? Right now I'm stock rooted and it says I have an upgrade so I click download upgrade now and it launches the assistant but it doesn't see my phone at all. I'm assuming it's because I'm rooted but I'm here for assurance ... any help appreciated.

jlmorris

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Here is what I did. I wasn't able to get the updater to appear when plugging in the phone and I think it is because I have auto run disabled. I didn't check.

But what I noticed with Windows Explorer open is that when I plug the phone in (USB setting on phone is set to connect as MTP), a drive appears for about 10 to 15 seconds and it sees it as a CD drive. On mine it shows as Drive H: since I have hard drive partitioned through Drive G).

I quickly browsed that drive while it was still up and the Verizon Software Updater is an executable in the root of the drive. I double clicked it, it installed and is now updating the phone.

FWIW.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazyload03