4.4.2 Confirmed I'll Never Go Back to Samsung.

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I've been like a kid in a candy store waiting for LG G3 rumors to become facts. Just 8 hours ago, speculation that the G3 is going to be released as an Octa-Core variant.

LG G3 - Release Date, Price, Specs and New Features - The Fuse Joplin

But here is where I'm really pissed off. 4.4.2 intentionally throttled the Galaxy S4's CPU performance. To test, I ran an AnTuTu benchmark and went from 28,000+ on 4.3 to 22,000 of 4.4.2. My gaming and multitasking performance has noticeably suffered, I get phone lag, and have had drops in FPS. Plus, Samsung builds the crappiest radios on the market. PC Mag rated the LG G2 reception 8/10. Definitely better than a rating Samsung would receive, I'm sure. LG was definitely the "silent game player" until they marketed the G2, and I've heard nothing but good things from G2 owners. I can only imagine the G3 will be even more awesome. But there is absolutely nothing Samsung could do to make me buy another cell phone from them. I have a Samsung lap top and TV, and they are both great. In fact, my Samsung lap top has an overclocked i5 processor, and my particular model runs faster than many i7 processors. But until they learn how to build radios and not screw the customer with cellular updates that are meant to enhance performance rather than hinder performance, Samsung can bite the big one. I'm beyond psyched to become a future LG customer and rock the G3; a phone that will probably not be rivaled for the rest of 2014 and will still be very much "in the game" at the tail end of my two year upgrade. The G2 beat out the S4, and the G3 will undoubtedly beat out the S5.

I remember having an LG on Cingular Wireless (remember them?). It was low end compared to the Nokia and Motorola line up at the time. Man times have changed. Now LG, performance wise, dominates the market. I hope LG manages to turn more heads (like mine) and see the superior quality in LG and slowly start to erode the Samsung bandwagon.

somnambulator

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
dunno how much I trust that article. the g2 has the snapdragon 800 chipset, not 805, and it's mostly been confirmed already that the g3 will have the 805.

Sent from Tapatalk using my xposed VZW G2 :)

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
dunno how much I trust that article. the g2 has the snapdragon 800 chipset, not 805, and it's mostly been confirmed already that the g3 will have the 805.

I'm taking all information I gather on the internet as nothing more than speculation. But what has been confirmed (display, RAM, removable battery, microSD usage) all sounds good to me. It was originally a fight between the Zperia Z2 and the LG G3 but the removable battery on the G3 made it the game winner.

Jeffk23

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
As far as the removable battery goes, the g2 has a removable battery also. Unfortunately it was for the Korean variant only. And, I think the g2 is better than the s5. G3 will be awesome.. er

Posted via Android Central App

dgcamero

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I've been like a kid in a candy store waiting for LG G3 rumors to become facts. Just 8 hours ago, speculation that the G3 is going to be released as an Octa-Core variant.

LG G3 - Release Date, Price, Specs and New Features - The Fuse Joplin

But here is where I'm really pissed off. 4.4.2 intentionally throttled the Galaxy S4's CPU performance. To test, I ran an AnTuTu benchmark and went from 28,000+ on 4.3 to 22,000 of 4.4.2. My gaming and multitasking performance has noticeably suffered, I get phone lag, and have had drops in FPS. Plus, Samsung builds the crappiest radios on the market. PC Mag rated the LG G2 reception 8/10. Definitely better than a rating Samsung would receive, I'm sure. LG was definitely the "silent game player" until they marketed the G2, and I've heard nothing but good things from G2 owners. I can only imagine the G3 will be even more awesome. But there is absolutely nothing Samsung could do to make me buy another cell phone from them. I have a Samsung lap top and TV, and they are both great. In fact, my Samsung lap top has an overclocked i5 processor, and my particular model runs faster than many i7 processors. But until they learn how to build radios and not screw the customer with cellular updates that are meant to enhance performance rather than hinder performance, Samsung can bite the big one. I'm beyond psyched to become a future LG customer and rock the G3; a phone that will probably not be rivaled for the rest of 2014 and will still be very much "in the game" at the tail end of my two year upgrade. The G2 beat out the S4, and the G3 will undoubtedly beat out the S5.

I remember having an LG on Cingular Wireless (remember them?). It was low end compared to the Nokia and Motorola line up at the time. Man times have changed. Now LG, performance wise, dominates the market. I hope LG manages to turn more heads (like mine) and see the superior quality in LG and slowly start to erode the Samsung bandwagon.

The G2 also has considerably slower benchmarks on KitKat than on JB. It still usually feels faster than before tho. I still miss Samsung's below screen buttons, and the AMOLED screen.

303kush

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
As far as the removable battery goes, the g2 has a removable battery also. Unfortunately it was for the Korean variant only. And, I think the g2 is better than the s5. G3 will be awesome.. er

no way in hell is It better lol.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
no way in hell is It better lol.

Ya it was a definite competitor with the S4, but the S5? I would like to know how it is better than the S5.

As far as all the G3 stuff, wait and see. There was a bunch of stuff said about the S5 as well that was over-hipped or just untrue, like most "leaked" stuff on the Internet and these forums.

Accused Samsung and Verizon fanboy from my Verizon Galaxy S5

scottcraft

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm not going to say the G2 is better than the S5, but I haven't seen anything about the S5 that would make me want to give up my G2. The S5 camera is probably the only clear advantage over the G2, but the G2 camera is pretty solid. Now if you want a removable battery and a memory card then yes the S5 is the easy choice.

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Went from the Iphone 4 to the Galaxy S4 for the bigger screen. It was okay, but not great. I went to the Iphone 5S and it was much better than the S4. When I went to the LG G2 from the 5S I was really surprised how much better it was than the 5S. I tried to add a comment on an Iphone blog and was doused in gasoline and lit on fire!! Funny. People can be so closeminded. I want a phone with the best user experience. Right now it is the G2 for me. In a month or less, it will be the G3.

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Ya it was a definite competitor with the S4, but the S5? I would like to know how it is better than the S5.

Accused Samsung and Verizon fanboy from my Verizon Galaxy S5

Personal opinion here, but bigger screen in a smaller phone makes it better to me.
Also, larger battery (3000 vs 2800) and built in wireless charging on Verizon model.

Last edited:

Jeffk23

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
No matter what kind of processor that they put in a Samsung phone, there will always be that wee little bit of lag, which we do not experience on the g2.. Also, percent of screen to total phone real estate is really nice.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I have never had any luck with Samsung products. Every time I buy one I end up taking it back, or selling it wishing I had never bought it. I have the LG G2 and cannot wait until the G3 arrives. Its the first phone since the D1 that I will go buy on launch day.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
The fact that the G2 is comparable to the S5 suggests that the G3 will have significantly better specs than the S5.

Sent from my G2 running SOKP

HarvesterX?

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Samsung is to blame for your lower benchmark scores, not KitKat. Samsung got busted when people dig through their code and realized that Samsung had code that intentionally activated all cpu cores at full throttle whenever the listener detected that a benchmarking app was the foreground app.

They've taken a lot of heat for it by the benchmark developers (developers in general) and that offending code is no longer present. That's how the Note 3 could push scores faster than the G2...When the G2 had all 4 cores activated and running at max speed the GN3 was always behind

Not to shatter any dreams either, but the S5 will look like a 2013 device next to the G3, which last I checked ran a quad core 805...

I think the newly announced Silver (successor to the now dead Nexus line) will run an octa core 64bit architecture. Actually, I'm sure about everything but I'd it's 8 or 4 core..

Kilroy13

Banned
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm impressed with LG! I used to love htc phones but my flex blows them all out of the water! I would never own a Samsung anything!

SENT FROM MY LG G-FLEX......LIFE IS GOOD✌

somnambulator

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
the g2 compares with the s5. g2 has better battery life, better screen size to physical dimensions ratio (less bezel), and it doesn't run touchwiz. it's as faster than the s5 in real world usage (thanks touchwiz). knock on is worth the price of admission by itself.

the g2 is a great phone for 2014, and I can't believe the g3 is coming out already. the best competitor to the g2 is the m8. I'd consider that over the g2, but I'd wait for the g3 first. wouldn't consider another Sammy, tho. too much bloat.

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Sadly the masses will countinue to buy Samsung phone as like Apple they have marketing down if only people would do some research they would see that the G2 is an excellent phone

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar