How to replace the terrible LG voice dialing with Google Now

msatlas

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
When Verizon pushed out the KitKat update for the G2, one of the "features" I discovered is that voice dialing from a bluetooth headset got all messed up. Long-pressing the headset button still brings up a voice dialer, but it's an idiotic voice dialer that can't understand what I'm saying and even if it does, certain numbers it just goes "no entry" even though I have multiple numbers in that person's contact file. It's garbage.

There is a way to completely get rid of this and instead use Google Now when you long-press the button on a bluetooth headset. Steps are as follows:

1. Find and disable the pre-installed app called Voice Command

2. Install the app Bluetooth Launch - https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...com.kin.bluetooth_launch&hl=en&token=jURVoTN8

3. Open Bluetooth Launch. It's going to be a bit funky looking because it's not optimized for higher-resolution screens. You'll see a bunch of really small text with overlapping buttons on the left. It's ugly, but it'll still work.

4. Scroll down to Google Search, tap on it, and it'll expand a list of a bunch of things. Tap on the one that says 'com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.VoiceSearchActivity'

5. Pair up your bluetooth headset, and long-press the button like you would to voice dial. You should get a default app selection popup. Select Google Search and then 'do this always' to set the default.

This should send you over to Google Now, which can recognize voice commands just fine, unlike the worthless LG Voice Command. It should also make Google Now the default behavior for long pressing the bluetooth headset button.

Been working fine on my phone for several days now, and I'm very thankful to have functional bluetooth voice dialing again.

Kiaya611

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
Bluetooth Launch wouldn't work on my LG G3, but disabling the Voice Command "app" from LG makes it use Google, so not too bad. I would still like to see LG put something other than 40 year old technology on their Flagship.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie