got a question about flashing a new rom...

Tex_Norseman

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
So I have been rooted before, but always went with stock rom. I currently am running rooted stock kit kat, and installed twrp today. I'm thinking of trying cloudy 1.2 , and did a full backup of stock beforehand. My question is this, if I run cloudy and don't like it, if I restored my backup, will it put my phone back in the previous state it was in, with all my apps saved?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
If you made a backup in TWRP today, the backup would restore everything you had. Settings, apps, data, all would be there.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I would highly recommend getting an OTG USB cable and a thumb drive, you can backup and flash ROMs from the USB stick via TWRP... it is nice in case you accidentally wipe your phone since many ROMs recommend doing a factory reset. It isn't necessary, but it can be very handy. The USB OTG cable can be had for under $5 shipped from Amazon or eBay.

And Golfdriver97 is correct, when doing a backup in TWRP, the entire phone, less the bootstrap and recovery, are backed up in a format called "nandroid"... a restore can be done bringing the phone back to the exact state it was in prior to the backup.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I've been thinking about getting an OTG USB cable but that just screams "crack flasher in the making" lol

Sent from my "Google Play Edition" LG G2 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20