Lg g2 getting g3 ui update?

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
do you suspect the g2 will ever get the g3s ui?
Not likely... Although it will probably get a minor face lift with Android L, giving it the G3 ui could potentially hurt sales and keep current G2 owners from upgrading. LG doesn't have much of a history of making major ui changes to a device once it's released.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 using Tapatalk

Tex_Norseman

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure with time we will see a Verizon variant, but with a little tweaking I'm running Cloudy G3 1.2 without any major issues. Enough to use it as my daily driver vs. stock.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Speaking of, has there been a full G3 port for the VS980 yet? I know there are some G3 ROMs that work, but most have issues of some kind on the Verizon G2.

Posted via Android Central App
CloudyG3 is supposed to be very good, I tried it for an hour or so and all was well, then went back to Beanstalk... No issues with it but I really just like BS.

Tex_Norseman

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Ace for helping me out the other day. Fairly new to flashing ROMs and it was nice to get advise without being called a newb. LOL

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
CloudyG3 is supposed to be very good, I tried it for an hour or so and all was well, then went back to Beanstalk... No issues with it but I really just like BS.

Is Beanstalk really that good? I've seen you post about it a few times. How's battery compared to Stock?
I normally root just to remove bloat and freeze, but I've been considering giving ROMs a shot.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Is Beanstalk really that good? I've seen you post about it a few times. How's battery compared to Stock?
I normally root just to remove bloat and freeze, but I've been considering giving ROMs a shot.

I have been using Beanstalk for a few years on several devices, its my DD on my Nexus 4 as well, it is a CM base ROM with tons of extras, Hover, Pie, Lock screen Notifications, Active Display, floating windows, Wakelock Blocker, integrated Xposed and the list goes on and on, seriously, its the most feature rich ROM I've ever used and its rock stable most of the time. I haven't rebooted my G2 in as much as a month. Although it isn't perfect on the G2, it is CM based so it has the same issues as current CyanogenMod releases.

Battery life is excellent, similar to stock.

Follow the link in my sig for more information.

Last edited: