My first LG! :-)

lkct01234

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I was having problems with my Motorola RAZR HD...got into the "Early Edge" program and ordered the Galaxy S4. (Didn't want the little bit of extra monthly payments or large S5). I was disappointed, the battery life sucked. I kept getting blurry pictures, even with stationary objects!

Paid the $35 restocking fee, within 14 days, and got the G2. In, almost, 2 days...not disappointed. It is surprising how little the G2 & G3 were talked about...but I suppose it's a large part of marketing! (I'd rather companies spend money on developing than marketing!)

Anyway...any threads or articles that anyone knows about that may give me a few tips?

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
What kind of tips are you two looking for?

I for one recommend rooting the phone to freeze or delete the things you don't need. This can help improve battery life a good bit.
If you're not fond of rooting, at a minimum go into the app manager and disable the stuff you don't or won't use.
You can also go into the developer options and change the animation and transition speeds from 1 to .5 to really speed things up.
With just those changes my battery easily lasts all day with 5 to 7 hours screen on time and still has juice to spare.

Posted via Android Central App

ricks

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
What kind of tips are you two looking for?

I for one recommend rooting the phone to freeze or delete the things you don't need. This can help improve battery life a good bit.
If you're not fond of rooting, at a minimum go into the app manager and disable the stuff you don't or won't use.
You can also go into the developer options and change the animation and transition speeds from 1 to .5 to really speed things up.
With just those changes my battery easily lasts all day with 5 to 7 hours screen on time and still has juice to spare.

Posted via Android Central App

I've gotten over 80 hours on my G2. No problems with battery. Just looking for tips and tricks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34