Over sensitve keyboard and deadee spot.

Jeff Smith13

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Recently my keyboard has gone whacky. The area where the letter d is types the wrong letters. Also, I used to be able to swipe across the keyboard instead of hunting and pecking. Now when I swipe across the keyboard it is a jumble mess. Any one else experience this problem?

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does the same thing happen with that specific area of the keyboard when in landscape as well? If not, then it sounds like there might be a problem with the digitizer in that exact area. Something like that usually needs to be addressed by a technician, unless you're handy enough to try to replace the digitizer/screen on your own.

If the same thing happens with the same letter in landscape as well, then see what happens if you try a different keyboard, like Google Keyboard or Swiftkey.

fonger13

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
try using the quick memo app and draw lines up and down the screens to see where the dead spot is, this is a quick way to show Verizon staff the problem when trying to get it fix/replaced. Had dead spots problem on 2 G2s, it's a shame, great phones up until that happen.

labowski986

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Thank you. I just got a replacement phone. While setting everything up I found that ok Google only works after clicking on the Google app. The hot word is set to ok goggle. Any ideas? Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech