Battery

onnad

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
I've been noticing that battery life on my G2 isn't as good as usual lately. It's not bad but seems to be draining quicker than previously. There has been times I've noticed the wifi is showing down/or uploading when not doing either. Other than that nothing different in usage activity. Ideas of what might be causing it?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I can't quite tell from that graph--you charged up to 100% first, right? So has the phone been on for about 2 days without having to charge? That sounds pretty good to me, although I don't have a G2, so I don't know exactly what to expect.

Since the screen is the biggest battery drain, it would be helpful to see the Screen category--tap on it to see how long the screen has been on. I would guess that average for the G2 is around 5 hours total for a full charge.

onnad

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
I can't quite tell from that graph--you charged up to 100% first, right? So has the phone been on for about 2 days without having to charge? That sounds pretty good to me, although I don't have a G2, so I don't know exactly what to expect.

Since the screen is the biggest battery drain, it would be helpful to see the Screen category--tap on it to see how long the screen has been on. I would guess that average for the G2 is around 5 hours total for a full charge.

Yes it was charged to a 100%, I charged the phone around the time of the first post. I turned the phone off last night since the battery was low, so it might impact the "time on". Maybe it was a coincidence but during this cycle I turned off the location services. The phone goes on quiet mode for 7-8 hrs each night. I keep the brightness at 50%.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You're on track for 4 hours of screen on time, which probably isn't great for a G2. Is there any graph that shows you the cell signal strength over the span of the charge cycle? This is available on the vanilla Android interface in the fullscreen battery graph, but I don't see it in the G2 interface. Poor cell signal can drain battery, so if you see a lot of yellow or red in the graph, that might be part of the reason.

I typically don't fully turn off Location Services--just Location Reporting, because the latter usually causes the phone to wake up intermittently in order to try accessing the web and reporting your location to Google.

onnad

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
I didnt see any graph for signal strength. Im going to leave reporting off and see if that helps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463