Lollipop bug, charging S L O W ! GPS still sucks.

dgcamero

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
So my phone is not charging correctly...I don't have my original LG charger (it broke, I sent it to them, they lost it, and they sent it back when I wasn't home signature required) so I'm using a 2 month old Samsung 2 amp charger and my 2 amp car charger. They both worked perfectly before the update, and now I'm losing charge in the car, and it took nearly two hours to gain 4% in the house. I've rebooted...and I found a 1 amp Samsung charger which is doing alright, but still only about 2% per 10 minutes. Anyone else having issues?

Also, LG admitted there was a problem with the GPS and promised it would be fixed with Lollipop, and it's still not working well.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
As far as the charger goes, until there's an update to fix it, turn the phone off while it's charging.

What's the GPS problem? Slow initial lock?

dgcamero

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
As far as the charger goes, until there's an update to fix it, turn the phone off while it's charging.

What's the GPS problem? Slow initial lock?

GPS problem is slow, inaccurate lock. Also, it's kinda difficult to turn your phone off while you're navigating! That's not really a viable option.

Posted via the Android Central App

dgcamero

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
have you tried turning Wifi on as well as GPS on? it is supposed to help with the speed at which you get a firm lock

Android automatically does that starting I think with KitKat...the problem is a hardware deficiency with the VS980, not a software problem like LG stated.

sbudaj

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I have never had a problem with GPS. Just tried it after Lollipop upgrade and it locked in with no problem whatsoever. I generally keep location turned off, so from turning it on to test this, to lock, it took about 20 seconds and I am in a high rise skyscraper building.

dgcamero

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I have never had a problem with GPS. Just tried it after Lollipop upgrade and it locked in with no problem whatsoever. I generally keep location turned off, so from turning it on to test this, to lock, it took about 20 seconds and I am in a high rise skyscraper building.

I've mentioned it before, but it is possible to have a perfect gps experience on a G2, it is very rare in my opinion (and poor GPS performance is a fairly common complaint on several forums), with 5 of my own exhibiting dismal GPS performance + my step dad's which works perfectly, almost as good as my separate, dedicated for GPS, Galaxy S3. My five will / did take a few minutes to lock GPS while walking in Manhattan, or driving down the road in rural NC or GA, and once they do lock GPS, I frequently hear the dreaded "GPS signal lost."

Also, I did a factory reset on my phone to make sure it's not something rogue making my charging so slow...but it's not. Estimating over 5 hours to fully charge after it's been plugged into my 2 amp Samsung charger for 30 minutes (5% to 14% in 35 minutes).

Calling Verizon. Ugh.

shadarlo

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
I have the same issue with charging as you. But my GPS is pretty darn good. Occasionally it is slow to lock but generally it just takes a few seconds.

So with a factory reset and data reset it's still incredibly slow but not AS incredibly slow? At this point I'd take 17% / hour over what I get which is closer to 5-10%.

The charging issue is SO frustrating... everything else seems to be running better except the occasional massive slow-down of the OS where it feels like the CPU is throttling back to 1/4 speed... and then it speeds back up again for no reason. But that doesn't happen too often. And the rest of the time it's all a bit faster than previously.

djh2011

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I did a factory reset before I did the upgrade. This phone is lightening fast and no issues with battery or GPS. I have used my phone all day. Off charge at 7:30 am and just plugged in at 9:05pm at 15%. 4 mins later it's at 27% and plugged in to car charger.

t0ked

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
The only thing that solved my slow charge and quick discharge issue was a factory rest and then a manual restore (setting up my account as new device rather than letting Google restore everything). My battery life is now a little better than when it was on kk. I've never had any problems with GPS on two devices.

dmproske

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
So after I did the update I did a factory dats reset. Everything worked fine for a couple days. Now this morning I am plugged into a 2A Belkin charger and LOOSING charge. This charger worked flawlessly before the update. WTH?

dmproske

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
So I checked my battery dats just now. Can't select it as it is stuck on "collecting charging info". I will try again later when I get access to a different charger other than this Belkin 2A. Charged flawlessly before update and a few days post update. Suddenly when plugged in this morning it went to sh!t.

Attachments

• 663.jpg
    663.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 35

Nick Poulos

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I have never had a GPS problem with my G2, but I did experience this slow charging/no charging problem that everybody seems to be having. I did not want to do a factory reset and have to redownload all my apps and data. After some searching I found a post that said to try charging with the GPS turned off. Sure enough my phone is charging like normal again - when GPS is off. I am not sure what is causing this problem to surface in Lollipop, as my GPS and charging worked great before the upgrade. Anybody else try this?

dgcamero

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
So I checked my battery dats just now. Can't select it as it is stuck on "collecting charging info". I will try again later when I get access to a different charger other than this Belkin 2A. Charged flawlessly before update and a few days post update. Suddenly when plugged in this morning it went to sh!t.

Mine does the exact same thing even in safe mode. Tried 2 CLNR phones and exactly the same issues with all of them.

dmproske

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Recharged this afternoon with my old cheap motorola 1A car charger. Worked like normal. Charged much faster than the 2A and wasn't losing charge while using the phone like the Belkin 2amp was.
I still can't access the battery details. Don't know why my expensive Belkin 2amp charger suddenly won't charge at full rate.
Good Lord. Why can't they leave well enough alone.

darkmetal

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
I have 2AMP Belkin car chargers as well and mine quite working after the lollipop update. Anyone have fix or what kind of charger i can buy to charge my phone in the car? Only charger that works with my phone right now is the orginally A/C lg charger. Anyone have fix for this?

Hardware: LG G2 running 5.0.2 Lollipop

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
My charging rate's fine but GPS no longer works at all. At least it never gave me a lock yesterday at 30 minutes. I tried rebooting and still couldn't get a lock. I started with GPS device only, then switch to High Accuracy Mode. Nothing. No dice.

weekendpartier

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
this is ridiculous: I use my LG G2 for work and part time job - GPS is fine. But now I'm experiencing slow charging - car charger doesn't seem to work - while driving, phone's plugged in but charging rate remains constant and never reaches 100%! Tired of these tech companies selling garbage. I thought "they" perfected the Lithium battery???