Not to be redundant, but like most users, the lollipop "upgrade" killed my battery life and charging speed to the point that the phone is nearly unusable. Of course it's out of warranty so there is very little recourse. I sent an email to LG support today but don't anticipate a fix. I requested the ability to revert to kit kat, expedite the 5.1.1 update (assuming this fixes the problem), or send a new phone. I'm pretty sure I wasted my time. I have no intention of purchasing another LG phone, or should I be blaming Android or Verizon?
    09-02-2015 01:55 PM
    Hmmmm... maybe that's what happened to mine. Around the time mine updated, the thing turned into a total PoS. It freezes up constantly. Whether I am going from one page to the next, typing a text of using an app. All the time the thing will just freeze up for a few seconds and then resume. And, like yours, battery life isn't what it use to be. And, the Bluetooth connection will just randomly drop out. Also like you, I will never own another LG phone. Definitely going back to Samsung next upgrade...
    10-28-2015 09:05 PM
    I have the exact same issue. The only thing that I've found to work around this is to turn off the Wi-Fi. With Wi-Fi on, the phone gets hot, drains the battery, takes forever to charge, forever to send text messages, etc. My battery went from lasting up to 48 hours to less than 12. With Wi-Fi off, I can get 24 hours out of the battery, and things work pretty well again. I only turn on Wi-Fi if I am at work or home, and need to download updates or apps. Otherwise it's off.

Also, make sure and reboot your phone every couple of days. Ever since getting Lollipop in the Spring, every time I reboot my phone it tells me that it is optimizing apps for Android. Still, it helps clear out things running in the background, even if all apps are closed.
    10-29-2015 03:44 PM
    Look at my thread "fixed my phone". I flashed back to kit kat and rooted the phone to prevent further upgrades. It was a pain in the a$$ and took forever, but now my phone is like new (except I'm now missing a row on my touchscreen, unrelated to firmware/software changes).
    10-30-2015 07:50 AM
    What DragonRider said is my solution too. Turning off WiFi and rebooting every couple days helps tremendously for me. It's not as bad at home where my Wi-Fi is strong but at work it nearly doubled how long my battery will last.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-02-2015 05:49 AM
    I also ditched the g2 for the same reasons and got the droid turbo 2 and everything is good
    11-02-2015 10:49 AM