After complaining to LG customer support about the horrible battery life, overheating, and slow charging with Lollipop they gave me the expected answer that there is no way to revert to previous firmware, there is no update coming, and my only recourse would be out of warranty repair. So I spent hours yesterday going through the routine using LG flash tool and changed the firmware to 4.4.2 and battery life is as good as new. It took hours because there are so many broken links, fixes, and workarounds. It seems like LG is not the only manufacture with Lollipop problems. It is inexcusable that I had to jump through these hoops. Moving forward, I'm not sure what my next phone will be; do I avoid LG, Android, Verizon? I have no desire to have to deal with this crap again.
    09-04-2015 10:24 AM
    It's kind of hard to say. Verizon loves to lock down phones. Nexus and even Moto (X and G, maybe even the E) devices are pretty easy to roll back ROMs on. Samsungs are probably harder to do with Verizon in mind.
    09-04-2015 10:30 AM
    After complaining to LG customer support about the horrible battery life, overheating, and slow charging with Lollipop they gave me the expected answer that there is no way to revert to previous firmware, there is no update coming, and my only recourse would be out of warranty repair. So I spent hours yesterday going through the routine using LG flash tool and changed the firmware to 4.4.2 and battery life is as good as new. It took hours because there are so many broken links, fixes, and workarounds. It seems like LG is not the only manufacture with Lollipop problems. It is inexcusable that I had to jump through these hoops. Moving forward, I'm not sure what my next phone will be; do I avoid LG, Android, Verizon? I have no desire to have to deal with this crap again.
    Well, I would most certainly avoid LG. They pushed an update to your device that broke its ability to charge at a reasonable rate, and they were literally unwilling to do anything for you to rectify the situation. I have had problems with other companies from time to time, but every single one of them has made it right in some way, except LG. I mean, all they need to do is push a patch to fix the slow charging problem, but they won't even do that.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Premium1 likes this.
    10-17-2015 10:22 AM
    FWIW, after listening sympathetically to my 5.0 complaints, a Verizon tech support went to ask a "supervisor" and came back on the line and told me that Verizon plans to start pushing out 5.1 to the G2 around November 15th. Not sure what to make of this, but I will wait a little before jumping ship to the 5x or maybe even the iPhone.
    Premium1 likes this.
    10-18-2015 10:53 AM