Please read!!! Do not remove apps once rooted

chavist#AC

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
Ok guys, I have bricked 3 LG Intuitions in less than 48hrs trying to figure out what apps are ok to remove and are not. Apparently there is an extra security feature on the LG Intuition that really makes sure that you do very little modding to the device, therefore if you were hoping to be able to remove bloatware....you probably will not be able to do this successfully. Remember at the current moment there is no recovery and very little development. Again please don't try to remove bloatware.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Ok guys, I have bricked 3 LG Intuitions in less than 48hrs trying to figure out what apps are ok to remove and are not. Apparently there is an extra security feature on the LG Intuition that really makes sure that you do very little modding to the device, therefore if you were hoping to be able to remove bloatware....you probably will not be able to do this successfully. Remember at the current moment there is no recovery and very little development. Again please don't try to remove bloatware.

Thank you

Sent from my VS950 4G using Android Central Forums

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
This is pretty much speculation. Can you list ALL of the applications you tried to remove?

Sent from my C5155 using Tapatalk 2

chavist#AC

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
The apps deleted without issues were All Amazon apps. However, when I attempted to delete VVm, Vz navigator, color, google books and video I received a security error after rebooting. Cole2kb if you would like to confirm this speculated security error feel free to brick away.

chavist#AC

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
Ok guys I have been doing some research and have found that this a common problem on the LG Nitro as well. The security error message is an extra step installed by LG to ensure that Google Videos cannot be deleted. I am in the process of trying to remove some apps that I do not use to see exactly what the issue maybe with the hope that I will not brick the device for the 4th time.

**Update**

So while fiddling around I saw that there is a built in function in the LG Intuition system that allows you disable apps(freeze) that you do not use. This is just as good as deleting the apps because like Titanium backup it freezes the applications but does not alter the system. It also removes the apps from the app drawer and keeps them from caching activity. I strongly recommend this method over removing apps for the moment.

Last edited:

simsnet71

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I came across this thread after i bricked my beautiful new Intuition!! I was able to get it replaced but thank you for the info now i know i cant remove the bloat.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you know if i can use rom tool box to change battery icons and such without bricking my intuition? Thanks

rola05

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site

rola05

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
People im not techno savy as most of you. in fact I should be living in a cave ,but enough about how i look! I would like to root my lg int. But no access to a pc or laptop other than going to libary ,and I dont know if they would allow me to use it in that capacity what other ave.opts can you suggest?

afbcamaro

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
Just a question is this the most active forum as far as the intuition goes. It is a great device and don't understand the lack of interest. I have a way to restore the intuition but it includes hosting of a large file and writing a whole tutorial on it but it seems a useless cause if the last users on any forum anywhere where last online three months ago.

Sent from my VS950 4G using Tapatalk 2

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I agree. I love my intuition but find very few people actually have one. Its very difficult to find any active forums for this device. Yet there goes Samsung galaxy note 2 and everyone is fawning over it. I have seen both phones side by side and I really love the way the intuition looks better. I have to admit galaxy note does have better features, but hey, this came first and its what I have! Everywhere I go, I get a lot of interest and everyone says " I want that phone!" but Verizon isn't pushing it. It was basically ignored.

Sent from my VS950 4G using Android Central Forums

afbcamaro

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
I agree! Fine lets say the note 2 is the best thing in the world. I honestly think this is the second best, its just my opinion but I love the 4:3 screen.... ALOT. To be honest I hope they continue to make it. Its fast has everything the newest phones have, its stable and the battery is descent but only after some cycles of charge- discharge. I would think developers would be all over it. I can develop for it but it's a large undertaking for just 2 1/2 people that would maybe be interested.. rant off. ;-)

Sent from my VS950 4G using Tapatalk 2

dustinamantei

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Thank goodness....I downloaded titanium backup and it saved my files AND allowed me to Freeze apps (all the Verizon and google crap) so that they no longer show up in the application tray and they no longer cache data. Seems to be workign.

Write Zilla

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Of course you can't delete the Verizon apps, silly. There is no way to get rid of the Google search bar at the top either. Your point is????
This phablet has about 30GB of space on it's drive. So those few apps you delete are not an issue when it comes to space. Get over it.

Donny Don

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
i tried rooting, resetting , installing apps, but the phone doesnt show up on pc no matter what drivers i use or what setting the phone is on, but it charges with cable, i tried 2 different computer, i just rooted my g2 with no problem, but if all the bloatware can't be removed i am not willing to brick it as it is my girlfriends and needs everyday. there is little about it but i do have the original system files on pc, but no way of getting it to phone. Its the only android phone out of the last 4 i had that i have had so many problems with. I also had issues with update all the contacts where lost along with settings, apps, and anyway of hooking it to a computer.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon