Not fully charging

hokie_prof

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
My LG Intuition doesn't seem to fully charge part of the time. Some days it does, and some days it doesn't. I had it plugged up from 10 p.m. last night until 7 a.m. this morning and it still wasn't fully charged. Is anyone else having this problem? I don't think the problem is the charger or the USB cable. I don't appear to have any apps that are misbehaving either.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Any reason why you don't think the charger or USB cable are causing the problem? This would still be the first thing I would test, because cables and chargers can become faulty. The wiring inside a cable can become damaged or loose, such that charging may become erratic even though data is still being transmitted. If you haven't already done so, try using a different cable and charger that are still compatible with your phone.

Also, you're plugging it into a wall outlet, not your computer's USB port overnight, right?

hokie_prof

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
My charger and the USB cable are relatively new. I've only had them a few weeks. They don't look frayed. Of course, something could be going on inside the the cable/wires. I downloaded the Battery Doctor app last night and managed to get a full charge. Maybe the problem really is an app? I normally keep the Watchdog app on there to check for apps that are misbehaving, but it hasn't indicated any problems recently. I've also been checking the running apps option from within the Settings menu to check what apps were running. I haven't been seeing anything fishy there. I'm not altogether sure what Battery Doctor may have turned off or changed to improve the battery, though. I just kept clicking the app and asking it to improve my battery. I guess I'll know whether it really has fixed the problem in a few days.

AnonEpik

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Also the LG Intuition needs its original charger, if you are using any other charger/ plug combo it will only slow charge. If you have lost or broke original charge cord and usb plug, i would recommend amazon or ebay. But i was having the same problem at work with my spair android charger and it would not charge, but when i use my LG charger it charges great, i belive from what i found out its due to the "Smart IC Chip" in the charger plug.
Hope that helps.

Posted via Android Central App