Hi all,

I have a rooted LG Revolution running Gingerbread 2.3.4. I have Titanium Backup installed. It's set to back up to the SD Card, yet it seems to be ignoring that setting. The backup always gets put into a "TitaniumBackup" folder in the internal memory. Seems kind of pointless, since if something were to happen to my phone and I couldn't boot it or access the internal memory, I'd be stuck.

When I check Preferences in Titanium Backup and go to the Backup folder location, it shows "/mnt/sdcard/TitaniumBackup". Yet, it's still backing up to the internal memory and not to the SD card.

Am I just missing something?

Thanks!
    01-05-2012 06:35 PM
    You want it to go to the "_ExternalSD" folder. Crazy that they would call an internal folder SDCard but they did.

In Prefs, go to Backup Folder Location. Press the back button until all you get is the "/" showing then scroll down to "sdcard". Scroll down to "_ExternalSD" then "Create a New Folder". I called mine "Titanium Backups". Scroll down to the folder you created and select it and then press "Select Current Folder". You're all set. The app will even move your old backups to the new folder if you want it to.
    sharkeyd likes this.
    01-06-2012 06:56 AM
    You want it to go to the "_ExternalSD" folder. Crazy that they would call an internal folder SDCard but they did.

In Prefs, go to Backup Folder Location. Press the back button until all you get is the "/" showing then scroll down to "sdcard". Scroll down to "_ExternalSD" then "Create a New Folder". I called mine "Titanium Backups". Scroll down to the folder you created and select it and then press "Select Current Folder". You're all set. The app will even move your old backups to the new folder if you want it to.
    Thanks, that did the trick! Yes, I was apparently confused by the fact that the internal memory was referred to as "sdcard". But I think I kind of understand how it works now. I believe it sees a portion of the internal memory as actual working RAM, then the rest is seen as an SD Card. Then, the actual physical SD Card is seen as "External SD Card". It makes sense once you understand it.

Thanks again for the help! My Titanium Backup is now backing up to the proper location.
    01-06-2012 04:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD