Newbie questions- did search but not found

pacnw

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
1) how do you locate an already viewed downloaded file, like a PDF?
1a) if Astro file manager is the answer, how do you set that up?

2) I was told Yahoo caused issues and to use Gmail. With my account I thought it would import my e-mails from Yahoo, but it does not. Yahoo still shows up in the status bar as e-mail waiting. Did something not get set properly?

3) is wireless charging available for this device? I saw a couple questions on this, yes and no. One said there was an accessory, but I did not find it. The other said it was already on the phone.

4) can a keyboard be used with this phone- blue tooth or corded?

Thanks

Last edited:

WaVeS

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
These are all questions your Service Provider can answer. This is more of a 'general' android question more so than your Revolution. Assuming you got this from Verizon, go to your local store. They will be able to help you better from a hands on view.

MeshiaSamurai

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Already viewed downloads can be viewed again using a file browser, if you know where they were downloaded to on your device, or you know the name of the file, so you can search for it. Astro is a great file browser. To set it up, download it from the market, open the app, and tap past the usual disclosures when you first start an app. Tap on "File Manager". Now you can navigate to the file you need. Where it will be depends on what app downloaded it, but most web browsers stick it in the folder titled "downloads" on your SD Card, if you have one.

As far as Yahoo mail goes, I have no idea. I haven't used Yahoo in over a decade. Gmail works best with Android phones, because it's Google.

I'm sure you can find a way to hack wireless charging by modifying your battery cover. It's a chore to do it, though. Not sure if there are any accessories available to purchase, but I can tell you that the Revolution does NOT come with wireless charging when you buy it from Verizon.

Never tried using keyboard with my phone. Screen is too small, and if I am doing enough typing that I need a full size keyboard, I'd rather be at a computer, or using my Transformer w/ keyboard dock. I don't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to use a bluetooth keyboard, though. I doubt a corded one will work though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital