HELP - Want To Start Over

coexist

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
Hey All,

I have a Android Revolution 2.3.4 - VS910V7...

I rooted it (not knowing what I was doing, just following directions) using a file called "LGRevoAllinOnePkg.zip", and it rooted.

I then decided that I wanted the phone back to "out of the box". So I went back to that zip file and unrooted it thinking that would return it to stock. It doesn't. So I did a factory data reset from phone, also thinking it would go back to stock and it wiped my phone. Every time I would reboot, it would go to that clockwork screen and stay there. THEN I found this other file I had to put on my sd card called "exitrecovery" and I got my phone back.

Now I am getting daily updates from Verizon and it always fails, landing on a Clockwork mode screen with all these options to do different things.

People are saying that its great to have a rooted phone with a custom ROM ect... Ok. So what I want to do now, is get my phone to out of box state to be able to update the phone, root it again and put some custom ROM on it to see what all the excitement is about :)

How do I start to attempt this feat?

I am so lost as how to do this without killing my phone.

Last edited:

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hey All,

I have a Android Revolution 2.3.4 - VS910V7...

I rooted it (not knowing what I was doing, just following directions) using a file called "LGRevoAllinOnePkg.zip", and it rooted.

I then decided that I wanted the phone back to "out of the box". So I went back to that zip file and unrooted it thinking that would return it to stock. It doesn't. So I did a factory data reset from phone, also thinking it would go back to stock and it wiped my phone. Every time I would reboot, it would go to that clockwork screen and stay there. THEN I found this other file I had to put on my sd card called "exitrecovery" and I got my phone back.

Now I am getting daily updates from Verizon and it always fails, landing on a Clockwork mode screen with all these options to do different things.

People are saying that its great to have a rooted phone with a custom ROM ect... Ok. So what I want to do now, is get my phone to out of box state to be able to update the phone, root it again and put some custom ROM on it to see what all the excitement is about :)

How do I start to attempt this feat?

I am so lost as how to do this without killing my phone.

Heh, idk what's updating here... but a custom rom will update it to whatever the base rom of the custom rom was built on. Also, updating and then doing a custom rom will likely remove the update. If the baseband is what was updated it may or may not extend to the custom rom. I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish here. All I can tell you is if ur gonna root, put a custom recovery on if available. And backup your phone asap so you'll be able to mess with it without too much concern with messing it up.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1