Release Date for LG Revolution?

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
The only thing that I've seen is early May, but I don't think that's gonna happen with the Charge getting released this Thursday. If for no other reason, that may push the Revolution back to the end of May at the earliest. Hopefully sooner though. I'd like to compare the TBolt, Charge, Revolution, and DInc2 all at once.

drdave319

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
DolfanCole,

Yeah..I hear ya! I was originally going SOLELY for the Bionic, but as a longtime LG user and my impatience with the on-going saga with the Bionic, I'm looking at other alternatives as I'm DESPERATELY looking for a replacement for my Dare! The Revolution will fit my needs perfectly as my first Android phone. I'm wanting the FFC (for Skyping) and the 4.3 screen (among other things). I'm not a big fan of Samsung (with the 'never-updated' OS's) so the LG coming with 2.2 and 2.3 soon afterwards is right up my alley.

Here's to hoping for the "sooner-than-later" release date!!!

DAVE

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
DolfanCole,

Yeah..I hear ya! I was originally going SOLELY for the Bionic, but as a longtime LG user and my impatience with the on-going saga with the Bionic, I'm looking at other alternatives as I'm DESPERATELY looking for a replacement for my Dare! The Revolution will fit my needs perfectly as my first Android phone. I'm wanting the FFC (for Skyping) and the 4.3 screen (among other things). I'm not a big fan of Samsung (with the 'never-updated' OS's) so the LG coming with 2.2 and 2.3 soon afterwards is right up my alley.

DAVE

I was on the Bionic waiting list too. Terribly disappointed in what's going on there. I'm still holding out, but I'm about to set a hard date at which I'm going to be getting a new phone.

My wife has a Dare too and is looking at getting her first smartphone. I was considering the Revolution for her, but we will give the Charge and Incredible 2 a very hard look. We're not in a 4G area and don't plan to be this year, so that's not a big driver for us. I think it's really going to come down to which one (Charge or Incredible 2) that she likes best and fits her.

B-mac

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
My wife has a Dare too and is looking at getting her first smartphone. I was considering the Revolution for her, but we will give the Charge and Incredible 2 a very hard look. We're not in a 4G area and don't plan to be this year, so that's not a big driver for us. I think it's really going to come down to which one (Charge or Incredible 2) that she likes best and fits her.

I'm the farthest thing from an expert in these forums, but if your not in a 4G area, maybe you'd rather wait for the upcoming dual-cores. By the way, I, too, have defected from Camp Bionic

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
DolfanCole,

DAVE

Where did you read that the LG Revo would get 2.3.x soon afterwards? I know LG promised an OS upgrade as a way to get themselves into market, but did they put out an announcement? I want 2.3.x for the updates etc. but if its delayed a bit I have, must, be able to root, unlock bootloader and put in custom kernels, roms etc. Of course we need Dev support for all of that too.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
As for Pocketnow's prognostication of the 5/25 date, I have seen those press shot dates come, go, and be completely wrong (ThunderBolt). Other rumors had it on 5/12 and 5/25 is a Wednesday so that doesn't fit Verizon's little world.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams