May 26th, ladies and gentlemen!!

saillling4life

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I agree that the new design looks better. But just wondering what is so bad about bing. Does it slow the device down or is it just personal preferance.

user311

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
The design definitely looks a lot better. Some people have gripes against Bing because of how long Samsung took to update the fascinate to froyo and with no confirmation, blame that on Bing being on the phone instead of rightfully blaming both Verizon and Samsung. Others just believe that Bing, a Microsoft product, has no rightful place on an Android Device. Some people believe that it causes phones to run slower. Some just don't like Bing. Its all personal preference. Bing however, can be replaced by downloading the google search .apk file from your computer, copying it over to your phone and installing it from there making sure to set google search as your default search engine. You can also just root your phone and get one of the custom roms which should surely come being that the phone isn't locked. Bing doesn't bother me that much being I have owned a windows phone with it on there and I actually prefer the navigation on Bing over Google's.

saillling4life

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
The design definitely looks a lot better. Some people have gripes against Bing because of how long Samsung took to update the fascinate to froyo and with no confirmation, blame that on Bing being on the phone instead of rightfully blaming both Verizon and Samsung. Others just believe that Bing, a Microsoft product, has no rightful place on an Android Device. Some people believe that it causes phones to run slower. Some just don't like Bing. Its all personal preference. Bing however, can be replaced by downloading the google search .apk file from your computer, copying it over to your phone and installing it from there making sure to set google search as your default search engine. You can also just root your phone and get one of the custom roms which should surely come being that the phone isn't locked. Bing doesn't bother me that much being I have owned a windows phone with it on there and I actually prefer the navigation on Bing over Google's.

Thanks, because I didn't understand why so many people where thinking negativly about bing.

CBMC

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, because I didn't understand why so many people where thinking negativly about bing.

Most people are going to like google search better than bing. I personally hate bing. But just because the majority of users like google better doesn't necessarily mean you will.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

ellje

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Where are the specs on this phone? Seems this one is getting almost NO interest at all... and I'm not quite sure why. From what I've seen, it's almost identical in specs to the Charge; is this true?

drdave319

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
yeah...specs are very similar to the Charge...without that UGLY AS HELL rounded bottom edge!
:eek:)

This phone is going to be wonderful!
Cannot wait till next Thursday!!

DAVE

ellje

May 7, 2011
Visit site
yeah...specs are very similar to the Charge...without that UGLY AS HELL rounded bottom edge!
:eek:)

This phone is going to be wonderful!
Cannot wait till next Thursday!!

DAVE

I'm about to buy a Charge right now, wish I knew more on the Revolution, though.

How will the screen compare to the Super AMOLED?
How will the battery life compare?
How does the GPS compare?
What issues will this phone have?
How does the UI compare to TouchWiz?
What will the price be on contract?

etc., etc.

Any reviews on this, anywhere?

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm about to buy a Charge right now, wish I knew more on the Revolution, though.

How will the screen compare to the Super AMOLED?
How will the battery life compare?
How does the GPS compare?
What issues will this phone have?
How does the UI compare to TouchWiz?
What will the price be on contract?

etc., etc.

Any reviews on this, anywhere?

I saw the Charge screen and in all honesty, I wasn't that impressed when it was right next to the Thunderbolt. It was a tiny bit brighter, but honestly not worth the $50 premium.
Not sure...
Not sure...
Not sure...
A lot of people think the UI looks a lot like TouchWiz
The Revolution will be the same price as the Thunderbolt, but specs are a bit lower for the cameras on the Revolution.

I personally love the Thunderbolt and don't need HDMI, so that's why I picked it over the Charge and the Revolution. If I needed HDMI, I would definitely have gone for the Revolution though.

saillling4life

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I think this date is final. I was at the Verizon Store today and they showed me the dislplay version. By the way it felt really good in the hand. If it has good battery life I will probaly get this.

dslayton

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Charger's screen is lightyears ahead of the Thunderbolt's. Having owned both, I can tell you have the advantages the Thunderbolt has over the Charge is: UI, RAM, and stock web browser speed (which might have something to do with RAM). I have not even considered the Revolution as an viable option because of the addition of Bing. I will never buy a Android device that is Bing'd...no matter how nice the rest of the specs are. Once others start doing the same, we will start tovstsrt seeing less and less of this crap.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
It's not light years ahead of the Thunderbolt's. I had 4 of them lined up side by side (one Charge, one Thunderbolt, one Charge, one Thunderbolt) and looked at identical pictures with identical settings on the phones and the Charge looked barely marginally better. I honestly think some people just want to see it as being better.

Our eyes are only able to see so much. They have movies and games that run at 60fps for some reason when our eyes can only tell a difference if something is under 24fps. Just because the specs claim it's better doesn't mean we can tell it's better.

Sent from my Thunderbolt

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
While I will agree the colors do appear richer and darker, but given the outdated processor and little internal storage I had to walk away from the Charge. I kept trying to convince myself, just couldn't.

The Revo does look nice I could add Google apps and root will be achieved quickly anyways so I will get rid of the bloatware and very likely bing.

I need BT to pair correctly with my car, a display I can see outdoors and a battery that lasts longer than a few hours and decent internal storage. Unfortunately the TB doesn't offer those things, and the charge may offer some, but I have to see how the Revo does.

saillling4life

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I agree with some of those points, but for me I really need a good battery life. So I'm going to wait after the launch and see what people have to say. But just wondering, what does it take to remove all of verizon's blotware.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Once a dev figures out the process to root (should not be too difficult, I hope) then you go into the file system and delete the apps in question OR, you freeze them so they don't show up or work by using Titanium Backup.

There are trade offs to rooting, first if you don't know what you are doing you can mess up your phone, second it "voids your warranty" but since you know how to root, you can restore it back to factory for any warranty work. Finally rooted phones appear unable to use Google's movie rental service, but with Netflx on board that's really kind of mute.

saillling4life

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Once a dev figures out the process to root (should not be too difficult, I hope) then you go into the file system and delete the apps in question OR, you freeze them so they don't show up or work by using Titanium Backup.

There are trade offs to rooting, first if you don't know what you are doing you can mess up your phone, second it "voids your warranty" but since you know how to root, you can restore it back to factory for any warranty work. Finally rooted phones appear unable to use Google's movie rental service, but with Netflx on board that's really kind of mute.
Thanks. I really apreciate it. I have never rooted a device before but have looked into it. But on average how long does it usally take to root a phone?

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
The time to root a phone really depends more on the method required. Once the ThunderBolt was figured out it took about 20 minutes (longer for some) to get through the command lines using adb on my MAC. These days its becoming a bit too easy, and by that I mean some users are just not meant to root their phone and many are. I have no qualms about rooting and restoring, but I do a lot of reading and on many, many forums to understand what it takes to restore, know what the issues are and above all you have to be willing to be patient if something goes wrong and post for help.

Still with any luck LG didn't lock the Revo down unlike Moto and HTC (sad about HTC) and we can get some of the Sprint folks to perhaps help out.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I have been getting google alerts on any news for the LG Revo and today the main story has been that the media packages have (are) been arriving at the Verizon stores complete with marketing stuff and dummy units etc.

I decided to pop over to the local Verizon by my office after work, rather odd scene, there were no customers in the store, none and about 7 sales people. I asked the guy who came up to me and I asked if they had their demo or dummy unit yet. He looked at me and he said they did yet, so I asked is the 26th still it, he sd that is what they were told.

I commented that I heard its "silent" launch so not to tax the 4G LTE network AGAIN, he looked rather blank. No biggie, I will be visiting the Best Buy to get mine anyways, I have BB GC to use and they are not annoying to deal with.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463