GPS Vehicle Mount and Navigation

bnewall1

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Greetings everyone,

I'm a new Android user, and just got an LG Revolution. The Verizon store sold me the GPS vehicle mount as well, which I actually like quite a bit. However, what I don't like is the fact that the "Navigation" button brings up VZ Navigator, and I don't have a subscription to that. I would much rather use Google Maps, which I've downloaded, but is there a way to make the "Navigation" button launch Google Maps instead of VZ Navigator? I haven't been able to find anything on it myself.

Thanks!

ivalum21

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I would download the Google Navigation app first.

But what navigation button are you referring to? Is it on the vehicle dock? If so, not sure what to do to help out there, but my guess is you'll have to be rooted to do it.

Bloatware sucks.

jking3002

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Search the market for google navigation. Download it. The first time you use it you will be prompted to download a voice recognition app- do so.

Place a google navigation shortcut to your homescreen after this is complete and you should be good to go.

bnewall1

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the responses, everyone! I've done all that; I have the Google Maps app and have used it. What I'm referring to, though, is specifically the "car mode" that the phone goes into when you put it into the car mount. On the phone's screen, there is a big "Navigation" button that comes up. That button launches VZ Navigator, but I would love to change it to Google Maps, if possible.

sjenkins1009

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately coming from the Facinate community, one of the first (that i know of) to get hit with this obcenity, the answer is No. UNless you root and go with a customized car launcher with a customer rom (don't know if they are out there yet on the Revo) you are stuck with Navigator in the car mode. Sorry dude.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21