Battery life?

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
So I currently have a Charge, but the theme Verizon forced Samsung to use for this version of Touchwiz is really, really bothering me. The biggest thing that's holding me to the Charge now, though, is the great battery life I'm getting. (I had the Bolt before and that drove me nuts. The Charge's battery life is as good as any cell phone I've used in a long time) I'm considering exchanging it for the Revolution, because I like the Optimus UI, and I've had really great luck with LG's newer smartphones.

So here's my question; what is the battery on the Rev like? I've heard mixed things, from it being way better than the Bolt to it being worse than it. I know it won't be as good as the Charge (consequence of the Snapdragon, it seems), but what are you guys seeing?

bwhxeon

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Just like most people report the revolutions battery life is worse than the charges better than the thunderbolts. Tbolt is doing more than the other two since it can do data while calling even on 3g, charge has a larger battery and revolution specializes in neither.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I guess I'm trying to quantify how much better it is than the bolt and.how much worse it is than the charge.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I guess I'm trying to quantify how much better it is than the bolt and.how much worse it is than the charge.

I had the Charge for about a week and now have the Revo. I am not currently in a 4G area, so that could make a difference. I could make it most of the day with a full charge on the Charge. I can make it 3/4 of the day with the Revo. I bought the extended battery for the Revo, and although it is a bit bulky I can now get all day + some with that battery.

I have had the Revo for 2 weeks and enjoy the UI better than the Charge as you mentioned. I also like that I can add a 32gb card in the future to give me more storage than I will ever need. On the downside though, the BT in the Revo is a little quirky. It won't connect to the BT in my 2011 Chevy. I was told they are working on it. It is also a bit crackly at times. I had to exchange one Revo for another yesterday because of excessive crackly sounds via BT through my headset. The phone must have been a bad one, because the replacement is much speedier with no lag, although there is a bit of crackly noise on BT it is nothing compared to the one I exchanged.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I had the Charge for about a week and now have the Revo. I am not currently in a 4G area, so that could make a difference. I could make it most of the day with a full charge on the Charge. I can make it 3/4 of the day with the Revo. I bought the extended battery for the Revo, and although it is a bit bulky I can now get all day + some with that battery.

I have had the Revo for 2 weeks and enjoy the UI better than the Charge as you mentioned. I also like that I can add a 32gb card in the future to give me more storage than I will ever need. On the downside though, the BT in the Revo is a little quirky. It won't connect to the BT in my 2011 Chevy. I was told they are working on it. It is also a bit crackly at times. I had to exchange one Revo for another yesterday because of excessive crackly sounds via BT through my headset. The phone must have been a bad one, because the replacement is much speedier with no lag, although there is a bit of crackly noise on BT it is nothing compared to the one I exchanged.

I guess I'm warming to the charge a bit, but I still like the revolution a bit better. Only thing stopping me is that the bionic might come out in July and I could just exchange at best buy since it would be within 30 days.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

I forgot to ask, but are there any big differences in speed? The revolution has been accused of having a weaker radio.

speedtrap63

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I'll just throw in my 2 cents. I've had the Revo for over a month now and it is all around great. The stock battery lasts me more than 12 hours on most days, only 8-10 on the heaviest all-4G days. The UI has a can get a little laggy but once I switched launchers to GO, the lag is gone.

Never had a Charge but my friends have Tbolts and they are envious of my battery life.

If you have anymore questions, fire away and I'll answer if I can.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I've just read a lot of conflicting things about the revolution. I'm also a little hesitant because I can't remember if best buy will let me do more than one exchange if the bionic comes out in july. The charge isn't horrible but its just not polished.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
The revolution is a no go. I just played with one for 30 minutes at a VZW store and its missing a feature that would drive me batty. Specifically, its missing any kind of kinetic scrolling with the rebound effect. Its amazing how something like that can make a ui feel totally archaic, stilted, and janky. I kept moving my finger when it had reached the end of the scroll expecting it, and when it didn't happen my brain registered something as being wrong since its on every major handset and integrated into android itself.

Now, there's nothing whatsoever wrong with the rev. In fact it was way snappier than the charge. But that kinetic scrolling thing just killed it for me.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I've just read a lot of conflicting things about the revolution. I'm also a little hesitant because I can't remember if best buy will let me do more than one exchange if the bionic comes out in july. The charge isn't horrible but its just not polished.

Best Buy gives you unlimited exchanges in a 30 day period. I exchanged from iPhone to Charge to Revo with no problem. They just exchanged me again just past the 30 day point for another Revo since I had some problems with mine. IMO Best Buy mobile is really the best way to go when buying a phone.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Best Buy gives you unlimited exchanges in a 30 day period. I exchanged from iPhone to Charge to Revo with no problem. They just exchanged me again just past the 30 day point for another Revo since I had some problems with mine. IMO Best Buy mobile is really the best way to go when buying a phone.

Really? I know in the past they've been really uptight about it, but maybe I'll see.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
OK so I just played with one again and the kinetic thing isn't bothering me as much. Its actually a lot like motoblur with the scrolling, and I was able to live with that just fine.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes