08-21-2014 12:26 AM
42 12
tools
    You would need to root to enable b4 LTE to get LTE on AT&T. Also keep in mind that b4 LTE on AT&T has limited deployment, it is only available in certain cities. If you want to enable b4, look here

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=335201

Note that the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 doesn't support b17 which is att primary lte band. It doesn't support b5 either

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    12-07-2013 10:57 AM
    What if you root the SM-N900A phone and install a Verizon SM-N900V rom?

Also, how will they know that the phone cannot work with their network if it's an international phone or something?

If you have an account with Verizon you cannot ask them to register a compatible phone (that has all the chipsets, radios and is 100% unlocked, rooted and has whatever else needed)?

Thanks!
    01-02-2014 02:51 PM
    What if you root the SM-N900A phone and install a Verizon SM-N900V rom?

Also, how will they know that the phone cannot work with their network if it's an international phone or something?

If you have an account with Verizon you cannot ask them to register a compatible phone (that has all the chipsets, radios and is 100% unlocked, rooted and has whatever else needed)?

Thanks!
    Flashing roms not specifically designed for your specific phone can cause problems including brick. Verizon only officially allows devices that are Verizon certified onto their network. Now if you have a band 13 device then Verizon has to allow it on the network on band 13 only. But only the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 has band 13.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    01-02-2014 04:35 PM
    I've just ported my Verizon numbers to AT&T. With that, I have a Verizon Note 3 that was activated on my old account (I purchased the phone straight out while on Verizon). My AT&T SIM works and I've set a APN for AT&T. I see the H+ when using the data. Data works. I saw a few annoying issues so I decided to sell it on Craigslist. So far, no interest. If I can't sell it, maybe I'll work through the issues. Those annoyances being:
    • Inbound numbers have a +1 before the number. If you try to call the number back, it won't go through.You have to copy the number to the dial screen and remove the +1
    • Another is voicemail. I'm assuming AT&T has some preinstalled visual voicemail app?
    • I do see a "Non-Verizon SIM" message. You can stop the "setup" service and it goes away.
    • MMS' won't go through. I tried setting that up to what's documented as AT&T's MMS settings. Maybe I could try working on that again?

Back to the data thing, enabling the b4 LTE. Could someone provide some details on that? On a final note, I wonder what will happen when OS updates come out? Would I receive them from Verizon?

Thanks for looking...
    02-28-2014 06:57 AM
    With the latest update from December, Band 4 lte is enabled. You would have to set the network mode to lte to use lte. When I tried it in this mode on tmobile, I only got 4GLTE and had to manually switch modes to get voice and non 4GLTE data.

Have you tried disabling assisted dialing in the call settings?

With regards to voice mail, for Verizon you can type *86 to listen to voice mail in lieu of using VVM. Att should have a similar number

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    02-28-2014 09:08 AM
    Guys I use a Verizon Note 3 (not rooted) on Tmobile and get LTE. Everything works as it should EXCEPT my upload speeds are three times slower than my family's T mobile smart phones
    02-28-2014 09:59 PM
    The MMS issue can be bypassed by installing Google Hangouts.
    I've just ported my Verizon numbers to AT&T. With that, I have a Verizon Note 3 that was activated on my old account (I purchased the phone straight out while on Verizon). My AT&T SIM works and I've set a APN for AT&T. I see the H+ when using the data. Data works. I saw a few annoying issues so I decided to sell it on Craigslist. So far, no interest. If I can't sell it, maybe I'll work through the issues. Those annoyances being:
    • Inbound numbers have a +1 before the number. If you try to call the number back, it won't go through.You have to copy the number to the dial screen and remove the +1
    • Another is voicemail. I'm assuming AT&T has some preinstalled visual voicemail app?
    • I do see a "Non-Verizon SIM" message. You can stop the "setup" service and it goes away.
    • MMS' won't go through. I tried setting that up to what's documented as AT&T's MMS settings. Maybe I could try working on that again?

Back to the data thing, enabling the b4 LTE. Could someone provide some details on that? On a final note, I wonder what will happen when OS updates come out? Would I receive them from Verizon?

Thanks for looking...
    02-28-2014 10:01 PM
    Don't think so, AT&T is a GSM carrier and Verizon is a CDMA carrier. Not even sure if HSPA+ would work.
    I'm not sure if this helps I'm using a Verizon note 3 on straight talk at&t sim and I get 4G lte.
    04-10-2014 06:07 PM
    I read your message and was wondering if the phone has to be unlocked before it will work on t-mobile or if you just have to put a t-mobile SIMcard in the phone. I have never done any of this before so if there are any sites you recommend i check out for how to do certain things I would greatly appreciate it.

thanks a lot in advance
    04-16-2014 02:11 AM
    I read your message and was wondering if the phone has to be unlocked before it will work on t-mobile or if you just have to put a t-mobile SIMcard in the phone. I have never done any of this before so if there are any sites you recommend i check out for how to do certain things I would greatly appreciate it.

thanks a lot in advance
    It definitely has to be unlocked. That's the hard part. If Verizon won't do it for you, you can do it (I'm pretty sure) yourself, if you root the device.

Edit: Actually, reading the posts above yours, others are saying they didn't root and it's working for them, so...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
    04-16-2014 03:30 AM

thanks a lot in advance
    The Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is factory sim unlocked. Just slap in a Tmobile sim, Change the apn, and you are good to go.

mrsmumbles likes this.
    04-16-2014 07:05 AM
    The Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is factory sim unlocked. Just slap in a Tmobile sim, Change the apn, and you are good to go.

That's great, and worlds different from Sprint!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
    04-16-2014 01:21 PM
    I keep seeing references to using Verizion Samsung Note 3 on T-Mobile LTE. Can someone address using Verizon Samsung Note 3 on AT&T LTE and able to use voice and data (surf the web) at the same time?

05-19-2014 06:49 PM
    I keep seeing references to using Verizion Samsung Note 3 on T-Mobile LTE. Can someone address using Verizon Samsung Note 3 on AT&T LTE and able to use voice and data (surf the web) at the same time?
    You can only get att lte in very limited locations. I don't think that you can use voice at the same time as LTE on att

05-20-2014 12:03 PM
    If I want to switch my Note 3 from Verizon to AT&T and keep my number, what would be the steps in order that I would want to take?

1) Order ATT sim card
    2) Sign up for AT&T service plan and request my number be ported?
    3) Contact Verizon about paying ETF?

Will Verizon allow my number to be ported if I am still under contract? Do I need to settle up with Verizon before trying to have ATT port my number?

Can/will Verizon try to lock my phone if they see I am trying to take it to ATT?
    07-28-2014 08:58 PM
    I have a VZN Note 3 that I want to put on Straight Talk ATT/GSM network I have rooted my phone but cannot seem to find the hack to add/edit the APN (if that is what needed for data) Please give me further insight to how you got it to work
    07-30-2014 09:24 AM
    I stopped by an AT&T store on my way bk from the pet store and decided to test that theory. Sure enough my verizon note 3 works on AT&T fine except for the LTE not working only Hspa+ but I was able to make calls just fine as well as texting.
    08-21-2014 12:26 AM
42 12